Green Mountain Prime Grills

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
For 2019 Green Mountain just released a new "Prime" series of grills.

The Daniel Boone Prime WiFi model comes with a redesigned digital controller that allows you to control and monitor your grill through our iOS or Android mobile application, dual meat probes and a USB port. With the new grill and pellet view windows you can keep an eye on your food without letting smoke/heat escape and see your pellet supply. Our 13.5 in. peaked lid provides enough space for a stand-up chicken to 7 racks of ribs. Keep all of your grilling tools handy by hanging them on the utensils hooks of your side convenience tray. All of our grills have a venturi-style firebox that creates a cyclone flame that ensures maximum combustion. They also have Sense-Mate, a thermal sensor which constantly monitors the ambient temperature. When the weather gets cold, the sensor kicks the grill into Turbo Mode, so you don’t have to wait long for the grill to heat up! Other features include Keep Warm Mode and Fan Only Mode with automatic shut-off to blow ash out of the firebox after you finish grilling.

The Jim Bowie Prime WiFi model comes with a redesigned digital controller that allows you to control and monitor your grill through our iOS or Android mobile application, dual meat probes and a USB port. With the new grill view and pellet view windows you can keep an eye on your food without letting smoke/heat escape and your pellet supply. Our 13.5 in. peaked lid provides enough space for a stand-up chicken to a dozen racks of ribs. Keep all of your grilling tools handy by hanging them on the utensils hooks of the side convenience tray. All of our grills have a venturi-style firebox for that creates a cyclone flame that ensures maximum combustion. They also has Sense-Mate, a thermal sensor which constantly monitors the ambient temperature. When the weather gets cold, the sensor kicks the grill into Turbo mode, so you don’t have to wait long for the grill to heat up! Other features include Keep Warm mode and Fan Only mode with automatic shut-off to blow ash out of the firebox after you finish grilling.

Looks like the Pellet Grill wars are heating up. Anyone have experience with GM grills?

I had looked at these last fall and they are popular but have very thin metal and fragile in my opinion. My observations prior to the prime release was thin metal, short in height, flimsy legs. I was comparing it to the 2018 pro 22 and the 22 is much sturdier in my opinion. I know they addressed the flimsy legs with the prime model but I don't think the metal is thicker which is a miss in my opinion. I think the clear windows is gimiky and a potential of greater heat loss once again in my opinion. Being from Canada we only have so much access to pellet grill manufacturers. Basically we have Traeger, GMG and Yoder. I wanted a ys 480 but at almost 3k after tax it cost too much more than the Traeger. I'm hoping the ironwood will satisfy my needs and so far I feel good about it once I get the new controller to address my initial issues. Cheers.

CampWhatnot that’s exactly where I’m at. Between the 3 brands is hard to choose because price makes a huge difference as yes the YS640s is 4G, the timberline is 2500-3g of the JB prime is 1200 here in Edmonton. I’ve seen the Prime JB, the steel is thicker and heavier gauge than the previous model. I just wanna know how they all act with our cold winters at -30c does the Ironwood hold it’s own? Or the timberline hold its own? The GMG needs a blanket with no insulation and will eat the pellets trying. Guess we shall see what the forum states over the winter and I’ll decide in spring unless Boxing Day yields a good sale....

I have a welding blanket with a will fire retardant blanket in the middle is it. The Traeger will definitely need it and I think the blanket will work great. Traeger isn't making insulated blankets for the ironwood as they say it's "insulated" ..... Well the sides are but that is it. It will need a winter jacket lol. I'm saving up for a Yoder ys640s and will get one once my permanent outdoor kitchen is finished next summer. I like the ironwood a lot but I could use a second smoker at times depending on what all I'm smoking as there r times where I need to cook or smoke at different temps and more space at times. The Yoder grills like a champ as well very easily. Cheers and welcome aboard!

I just throw an old blanket on my 575 Pro, it doesn't get hot enough to catch anything on fire...yet.

I think the quality is still good. I also have a GMG series grill, which is not bad and the taste is good. It has been used for a long time, and I will consider using this brand again next time.

Latest Discussions

Back