Fresh Meat

BigOlDOg

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
The title seemed fitting for an introduction thread and gives a little insight to my sense of humor...

I’ve smoked for years on bigger stick burner that well, take a lot of work. Many stories, cold beer and good times shared around those pits. Won’t lie I was looking at a Camp Chef before going with the Ironwood 885. Camp Chef’s ads were on point! Have some mixed reviews about my i885 like so many others concerning smoke output. However I’ll say my BBQ burbs dont taste so smokey since the i885 but I could use a little more! Got a smoke tube I’ve used in the ol Weber a time or ten just cant fathom the need of a $20 tube in my $1500 smoker..

Well enough blown smoke for now..

Welcome @BigOlDOg - Congrats on the new i885! What pellets are you using? Maybe switching might give you a little more smoke flavor?

The title seemed fitting for an introduction thread and gives a little insight to my sense of humor...

I’ve smoked for years on bigger stick burner that well, take a lot of work. Many stories, cold beer and good times shared around those pits. Won’t lie I was looking at a Camp Chef before going with the Ironwood 885. Camp Chef’s ads were on point! Have some mixed reviews about my i885 like so many others concerning smoke output. However I’ll say my BBQ burbs dont taste so smokey since the i885 but I could use a little more! Got a smoke tube I’ve used in the ol Weber a time or ten just cant fathom the need of a $20 tube in my $1500 smoker..

Well enough blown smoke for now..

I also felt that wasn't getting enough smoke flavor. My current consensus is that pellets are the biggest factor and am having better results with Lumberjack Hickory. I am also using a smoke tube for longer smokes like ribs where I want to go OTT with smoke flavor. My best results yet have been with using the smoke tube in conjunction, but like you I also feel we shouldn't have to look to supplemental tools/approaches!

Latest Discussions

Back