Failed to download certificate files

First one is apple second is android.
Well that stinks. Perhaps I was able to update before all the trouble started. I verified that both my Android app and grill firmware are v02.00.00. Hope Traeger sorts this out for everyone sooner than later.

I have an iPhone and it says unable to connect to grill

Android 10 here.. I never did receive that call from Traeger yesterday to troubleshoot with their "Director of Technology." Their lack of communication both externally and internally is my real issue with them. I'm a developer myself, so I know sometimes sh*t happens, but at least communicate to your customers. And at the very least, communicate to your CSRs so they at least appear to seem like they know what the hell is going on.

Software issue or hardware issue, the result is the same. I have a product of theirs that does not function, so replace it. Otherwise I'm going to have no other option than to return the grill.

If you have an IPad tablet, check the app on that. I have a I-phone and tablet and found the app still works on the tablet but not the phone. I’m not a network guru so no explanation as to why it’s working. Currently smoking a brisket at 225*.

I've been hesitant to share this but I did the update on the first day I read of its availability. I would not have taken that approach if I had the luxury of triggering a firmware update at a time of my choosing but I wasn't planning to cook on the smoker on that date, so I rolled with it. I've fired it up on three occasions over the past couple weeks since that update--including a couple hours ago--and the [Android] app works without any issue. I'm not a developer, neither an IT guy nor a software/hardware expert but I wonder what results in some having issues while other users' devices work as intended. For the sake of those whom have issues, I hope remedy comes soon. But until then, I hope you're able to control and use your Traeger units at the control panel.

Talked to Traeger CS today. Told her I was getting the downloading certificate error after updating to firmware 2.0 last week. She told me I need to leave my Traeger on for 24 hours so it can finish downloading the certificate files “over the air.” I reminded her it can’t connect to a WiFi network and she said that doesn’t matter. So I said, “you’re telling me the controller can download files over the air without being connected to a WiFi network?” She said, “yes, that’s correct.” I highly doubt this is true. Anyone know?

Same issue. Just got off the phone with support. Was told to leave it on for 24 hours so it could do an “over the air update”. I asked how it would do said update without WiFi access and was told it “just would”. CS refuses to do anything else until it has been plugged in and on standby for 24 hours. Guess I’ll be calling them back tomorrow.

I can't think of how it can do it 'over the air' either, good luck and please report back. One question that I have...does the grill work otherwise except that you can't monitor/control it with the app? I have a Fireboard so I can monitor it anyhow.

Just curious...
Just curious...is this recurring issue isolated to iPhone users? I ask because I'm on Android, had connectivity issues when first connecting my IW650, did the whole forget Network and reinstall app routine a couple times, and have been fine ever since. My grill is connected to my home network and my phone updates apps automatically so I'm curious if I should take steps to prevent any further automatic updates. Thanks
I have a note 9 and grill can't see my router even when next to it

Same issue. Just got off the phone with support. Was told to leave it on for 24 hours so it could do an “over the air update”. I asked how it would do said update without WiFi access and was told it “just would”. CS refuses to do anything else until it has been plugged in and on standby for 24 hours. Guess I’ll be calling them back tomorrow.
When I try to use an iphone to connect the iphone ends up forgetting my wifi and connecting to the grills hot spot
So maybe.
Right now my grill has been left on for about 18 hours so we will see.

I was unaware of the update.
On the 16th I was cooking some chicken then realized my phone wouldn't connect to the grill.
I messed with it forgot the network tried to reconnect
The grill connect to the wifi
Phone still didn't work. Finished my cook and turned the grill off.
My guess is that I turned the grill off while it was updating and screwed shit up.
Just weird that it shows the 2.0 software.

I can't think of how it can do it 'over the air' either, good luck and please report back. One question that I have...does the grill work otherwise except that you can't monitor/control it with the app? I have a Fireboard so I can monitor it anyhow.

works fine. Just can’t use the app

Android 10 here.. I never did receive that call from Traeger yesterday to troubleshoot with their "Director of Technology." Their lack of communication both externally and internally is my real issue with them. I'm a developer myself, so I know sometimes sh*t happens, but at least communicate to your customers. And at the very least, communicate to your CSRs so they at least appear to seem like they know what the hell is going on.

Software issue or hardware issue, the result is the same. I have a product of theirs that does not function, so replace it. Otherwise I'm going to have no other option than to return the grill.

After waiting 24 hours with the grill on it still didn't work.
Then I restarted the grill tried again.
Still didn't work.
I've tried every trouble shoot option.

FAIL!

I'm just grasping at straws--I realize Traeger is claiming they are working on a solution--but they also share inaccurate information sometimes. Have you performed a soft reset (or reboot) on the devices that control your home networks, and rebooted your smart phones? And as a next possible step have you updated the firmware on your devices (routers, etc) if one is available?

Also; in their faq section if you search "wifi" you'll get about 20 hits where they outline sequential troubleshooting steps. You may already be aware of these but one of them includes manually entering the UUID rather than scanning the QC. https://www.traegergrills.com/faqs

Latest Discussions

Back