Failed to download certificate files

Boss hog

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Just got this email.

“Hi A,

We received your message from the troubleshooting form. I sent your grill a specialized command to update its firmware, it should be downloaded in about 20 minutes. You will know that the update has happened by checking menu -> settings -> about grill & it will list the grill software as 02.00.00. Once this migration happens, please forget wifi on the grill controller and re-pair. You should be all set after that update.

Please let me know if you have any issues.”

I’ll be home in a half hour so I’ll update you guys on whether this debacle is finally done with or not.
Yes, got the same email today at 3:39 pm.... Checked grill firmware was updated. Forgot network, repaired network and app. Everything works again!!

Bstid3

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
If the grill won't reset to original firmware you must work with service to resolve that issue before you can move forward. You have to have the grill on your network or it's game over.
So that means I have to contact traeger then you mean? I did the wizard form deal but haven’t called them yet. What would you recommend?

ly0ns

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
OKAY!

I dunno if this is coincidence or not but i just did a beer can chicken with "I'm so sorry your WiFire doesn't work" rub and amazingly enough the grill is at 2.00.00 firmware and wifi is reconnected?!?!? App connected and works perfectly.

I did nothing new or abnormal but TRY THE CHICKEN RUB TO MAKE THE WIFI WORK!

Attachments

ESTREET

Reaction score
Grill
575 pro
So I had my grill working with my grill on old software along with my phone
Went on vacation left it on for 3 days.
Came home grill was updated to 2.0
I updated my phone paired everything but its saying grill offline.
Anybody in this boat I haven't turned the grill off and on since im cooking.

Attachments

Twofintuna

Reaction score
Grill
Pro575
I FINALLY GOT THE UPDATE!!!

After 3-4 weeks of not being able to. And a week or so of being plugged in after contacting traeger (giving them all my grills info so they could register it) I finally got the v2.0.0 over air update. Once I saw the version on the traeger I forgot my WiFi, re-added it to the WiFi, and was able to see it in the app!
6A8F87AC-A5F8-45D2-87A8-2C7E06D8519C.png

Brooks23

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I got home from work tonight and the controller updated to 2.0. Forgot network and controller and repaired with a app and good to go.
When I called treager yesterday they told me my grill wasn’t registered so they didn’t have my grill ID active. The retailer I bought from told me they would register and they obviously didn’t. I’ve been trying to get download to go for days. Maybe the registration was why....

Twofintuna

Reaction score
Grill
Pro575
I got home from work tonight and the controller updated to 2.0. Forgot network and controller and repaired with a app and good to go.
When I called treager yesterday they told me my grill wasn’t registered so they didn’t have my grill ID active. The retailer I bought from told me they would register and they obviously didn’t. I’ve been trying to get download to go for days. Maybe the registration was why....
I sent my info in as well recently to “register”. I am thinking that was the way to go.

RemE

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
So that means I have to contact traeger then you mean? I did the wizard form deal but haven’t called them yet. What would you recommend?
Yes, you need to be able to get the grill connected to your network. If it won't allow you to reset it to original factory firmware version then you need to call Traeger support and get their help. You may need a new board if the grill can't be configured to connect to your home network. Have them walk you thru the process on re-setting one last time.

Good luck!

TheSpann

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
I think it’s been mentioned on here before but didn’t see a response or what traeger told someone what they could do to help. I have my pro 780 on the 02.00.00 version but forgot my network a few weeks ago right when it took a crap to see if it worked repairing. My traeger is on the 02.00.00 update and iPhone on newest app and still won’t pair to my network. Without being connected to my WiFi even how would they be able to help me with getting my traeger updates? Would I have to have a new computer board sent to me like a previous post? Any help is appreciated, I’ve factory reset my grill numerous times and it won’t reset to previous firmware, just stuck on the 02
I had same issue as you, could not reset to lower than 2.0! I just deleted/forgot the Wi-fi connection in the phone with the Traeger. Just ran the Wifire setup again and all worked... on the 780 Pro... now it connects in no time!

420smoker

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
5B4874E3-990A-4AD4-8922-9716E9069AC8.png
Looks like I’m updated and good to go, only took them nearly a month to fix this issue. Seriously unimpressed by traegers customer service, even the $10 chicken rub doesn’t really make up for it. I will be way more wary of updates in the future.

sumsh

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
OKAY!

I dunno if this is coincidence or not but i just did a beer can chicken with "I'm so sorry your WiFire doesn't work" rub and amazingly enough the grill is at 2.00.00 firmware and wifi is reconnected?!?!? App connected and works perfectly.

I did nothing new or abnormal but TRY THE CHICKEN RUB TO MAKE THE WIFI WORK!
Wait, you actually got the rub they promised?

sumsh

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
View attachment 1099 Looks like I’m updated and good to go, only took them nearly a month to fix this issue. Seriously unimpressed by traegers customer service, even the $10 chicken rub doesn’t really make up for it. I will be way more wary of updates in the future.
Did you actually get your rub?

Bstid3

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
I had same issue as you, could not reset to lower than 2.0! I just deleted/forgot the Wi-fi connection in the phone with the Traeger. Just ran the Wifire setup again and all worked... on the 780 Pro... now it connects in no time!
I tried that last night, the traeger WiFi won’t come up on my phone unless the traeger is trying to connect so i did that then deleted the WiFi and to start over and nothing still. I think I’ve pretty much tried everything on this forum. Unless I’ve done them wrong nothing is working

sumsh

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I’m back online! They FINALLY pushed the 2.0 update last night and things seem to be working. Now I just need to figure out why they haven’t sent my free rub yet...

Last edited:

TheSpann

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
I tried that last night, the traeger WiFi won’t come up on my phone unless the traeger is trying to connect so i did that then deleted the WiFi and to start over and nothing still. I think I’ve pretty much tried everything on this forum. Unless I’ve done them wrong nothing is working
In my Android, go to Wi-fi, then details, there it's possible to forget the network. It will not go away, but the settings gone.

Walleye Hunter

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I’m back online! They FINALLY pushed the 2.0 update last night and things seem to be worming. Now I just need to figure out why they haven’t sent my free rub yet...
It's probably on back order, seems they've had a run on it lately for some reason. :cool:

Mr Smoke Alot

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I've had a similar experience as most on this thread. I did a reset and have had my grill on standby for a couple fo days. Still no Version 2 and can't connect to the app. I called today and gave the customer rep the breakdown of my experience. He took my info and said he would talk to his manager. He did say I should have received the push already as I called last week. He took my UUID and said they would put in on the list, I guess I continue to wait.
UPDATE: I received a call from Traeger CS this evening. They have determined I should have received the update by now. They are sending me a new board to install in the grill as there is obviously something wrong with mine. Should take about 1 week t arrive (Canada). If you have followed all the steps and left the grill on for some time may be worth giving them a call.
So update Feb 11. After CS telling me they were going to send me a new board I kind of just forgot about it. Was outside and decided to look. This whole time the grill was in standby mode. Well sure enough the push must have went through. forgot the Network re-connected and still got Provision error. Did the repair one more time and all is good. Grill connects, dowloaded the updates and pair with the app. Hope their next software update doesn't cause the same issues

fxharley

Reaction score
Grill
pro 575
Ok, this is what fixed it for me for IOS. I followed all the previous steps that have been put out by others. The only thing I did different is shorten my 2.4 network name to about 10 characters. Keep in mind that my previous network name which was significantly longer worked just fine on the old app version and firmware. So, all connected now and working fine.

PelagicDev

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I'm one of the rare people apparently that has a *Gen 1* Timberline and have the 3.0 update, NOT the 2.0.

That said, because I deleted & re-installed my app to try and re-pair it, I'm unable to even attempt to re-pair because my grill/controller won't forget my WiFi settings.

I called Traeger yesterday and they agreed that I was indeed in a rare scenario than most people so they have 'escalated it to Tier 4 support'. They said that since I did fill out the form from the wizard, someone should be calling me by end of the week from their "design team" to help resovle the issue. Otherwise, I should hear back from T4 support by the end of next week.

I took notes of everything and I'm just playing the waiting game now.

magoo40

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I'm one of the rare people apparently that has a *Gen 1* Timberline and have the 3.0 update, NOT the 2.0.

That said, because I deleted & re-installed my app to try and re-pair it, I'm unable to even attempt to re-pair because my grill/controller won't forget my WiFi settings.

I called Traeger yesterday and they agreed that I was indeed in a rare scenario than most people so they have 'escalated it to Tier 4 support'. They said that since I did fill out the form from the wizard, someone should be calling me by end of the week from their "design team" to help resovle the issue. Otherwise, I should hear back from T4 support by the end of next week.

I took notes of everything and I'm just playing the waiting game now.
The same happened with my grill, Gen 1 Ironwood and App on android, I could not get the new app to pair with the Grill. I powered down the Grill completely and shutdown the phone, when i restarted everything it worked without going through the repairing process. Occasionally the app wants to re-pair when started, I just reboot the Grill and app and it connects again. Good Luck.

Latest Discussions