Did I Ruin My Traeger??

McGinnis16

Reaction score
Grill
BBQ07E
I was cooking dinner yesterday and I had a black residue on my meat that I assumed could only be from all the soot built up over time on the inside of my grill. So I decided it would be a good time to clean my grill however, not know, I used a wire brush to scrape it all down and vacuum it out. After getting inside and doing my research (what I should have done before I cleaned my grill) I realized you're not supposed to clean your grill with a wire brush. Is the grill still going to work? Is there something I can do to make sure it's still good?

Walleye Hunter

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Other than possibly scratching up the paint it's going to be fine.

MikeyR

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Is using a stainless steel brush on the porcelain grill grate really that big of concern? I use wood, but like to use this too:
Should I stop?

magoo40

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Is using a stainless steel brush on the porcelain grill grate really that big of concern? I use wood, but like to use this too:
Should I stop?
I use both Wood scrapper to knock off the stubborn bits, and I dip the wire brush in the water pan then clean the grates it works great. I do this when the grill is HOT, the heat dries out the moisture. I have not seen any adverse effects to the porcelain.

Latest Discussions