Pellets Costco brand Kirkland Pellets

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
costco-kirkland-pellets.jpeg

I was at Costco today and noticed they now were selling Kirkland branded pellets. Has anyone tried these before? You can't beat the price of $12.99 for a 40lb bag.

Murphy's Law

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780 Bronze
I looked a few weeks ago and we didn’t have them at my store. I think there is a post on these somewhere here??

RayClem

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I have seen them at my store. I would love to purchase them, but a 40# bag is just too heavy for me to handle. Oh to be young again!

I prefer 20# bags, but occasionally get 30# bags from Walmart. I like their Expert Grill Sweet Blend which comes in that size.

Maintz

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Newbie question: Are there any problems with using Kirkland/Walmart pellets in my Traeger Pro575?
Thanks!

RayClem

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Newbie question: Are there any problems with using Kirkland/Walmart pellets in my Traeger Pro575?
Thanks!

Not at all. Traeger wants you to use their pellets and claim that the controllers are tuned for Traeger pellets. However, people are successfully using a variety of pellets in their grills. I have used Traeger, Expert Grill (Walmart), Pit Boss, Bear Mountain, and Kingsford. Of those Bear Mountain are my favorite. Traeger pellets are rather soft, so they break and create a lot of dust.

Other brands you will find in use are Lumberjack, Camp Chef, Weber Woodfire, CookinPellets, Knotty Wood, and a variety of others. Often people use what is available in their area.

I have not tried the Kirkland blended pellets. I read one comment that speculated that the pellets are made by Pit Boss, but I have no idea if that is true.

Latest Discussions