Cleaning, etc

jklingel

Reaction score
We are looking at getting a new grill, and are wondering about cleaning the Traeger grates. A huge reason to dump our present grill is that it lacks stainless grates and is a PITA to clean. We therefor looked at the Traeger Timberline, but are having trouble getting one up here; limited dealers/models. So my question is: Is it necessary/useful to get the SS grates on a Traeger, or do the standard grates clean up nicely as is? Thanks for any comments. john

OP
OP
J

jklingel

Reaction score
Russ: thanks. btw; do you feel you are "missing anything" with the 22 vs the 575? they spec out pretty similarly, and i am getting skeptical about the D2 controller the more I read. pls advise. thanks. john

Russells

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
The 22 has been rock solid for me but I just upgraded to the Ironwood 650 due to WIFI, insulated body, Super Smoke mode, and the new Auger/control board components. I may be sorry based on some feedback here but I willing to try it out.

CampWhatnot

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650
I don't regret purchasing my ironwood. I have the issue of 225f setpoint being 185 feedback but a fireware should fix it. My controller is being replaced due to a screen issue. Remember it's new technology and there will be a few glitches bit all in all it's been good so far.

Russells

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I don't regret purchasing my ironwood. I have the issue of 225f setpoint being 185 feedback but a fireware should fix it. My controller is being replaced due to a screen issue. Remember it's new technology and there will be a few glitches bit all in all it's been good so far.
I agree, I will be doing my first cook tomorrow and i’m Really looking forward to it.

OP
OP
J

jklingel

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i just returned the 575 and got a 22. hopefully, the older controller will be fine. cheers. j

Russells

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Good luck, you will be happy with the 22. Can’t wait to see some cooks on the new grill.

OP
OP
J

jklingel

Reaction score
last night i got a wild idea about having stainless grates. i have several that i use for smoking salmon; from old ovens. if the 22 does not clean well, then i will cut the legs off of a couple of oven grates and slide them on to try. tomorrow we should have this beast running; i am curious about it. cheers. j