Butcher Paper?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
What brand/type of butcher paper are you using? I'm surprised none of the big box stores stock this.. (Costco, Home Depot, Lowes, HEB, Walmart)

I just ordered the following from Amazon to test.. "Pink Kraft Butcher Paper Roll - 18 Inch x 175 Feet (2100 Inch) - Food Grade FDA Approved – Peach Wrapping Paper for Smoking Meat of All Varieties – Made in USA – Unbleached, Unwaxed and Uncoated"

This is the same butcher paper I use. I am new to the butcher paper game though. I loved it on my brisket. Has anyone ever used butcher paper for a pork butt? I feel like my pork butt never gets as much smoke as I’d like and wonder if the breathability of the paper would help this over using foil. I know foil really blocks the smoke. Thanks guys!

This is the same butcher paper I use. I am new to the butcher paper game though. I loved it on my brisket. Has anyone ever used butcher paper for a pork butt? I feel like my pork butt never gets as much smoke as I’d like and wonder if the breathability of the paper would help this over using foil. I know foil really blocks the smoke. Thanks guys!
I use butcher paper all the time on pork butts. For added smoke, I also use a smoke tube.

Thanks for the advice. Never looked into smoke tubes. Any advice on that? Brand etc?
A-Maze-N is one manufacturer. Plenty on Amazon.

Just snagged one on amazon it’ll be here tomorrow. Not to be stupid but do you position it somewhere special on the grill or just throw it in anywhere? Didn’t know if you found it better to be above or below or next to the meat, pointed at it etc thanks again for the help

Just snagged one on amazon it’ll be here tomorrow. Not to be stupid but do you position it somewhere special on the grill or just throw it in anywhere? Didn’t know if you found it better to be above or below or next to the meat, pointed at it etc thanks again for the help
Bottom rack opposite side of your smoke stack if you have one. If not anywhere on the rack not touching the meat.

Smoke tubes work really well. Pellet smoke is mild by design. Add a smoke tube and you get more smoke without altering the temp.

Smoke tubes work really well. Pellet smoke is mild by design. Add a smoke tube and you get more smoke without altering the temp.
Awesome that’s why I jumped on here learning something new can’t wait to try this

Smoke tube came in can’t wait to use it

Attachments

• E2A7ACF6-2AF2-4844-85AA-AA55382B6E22.jpeg
    E2A7ACF6-2AF2-4844-85AA-AA55382B6E22.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
Smoke tube came in can’t wait to use it

The smoker tube is also handy on a gas grill to add a bit of smoke flavour. I use it in the gas grill for a quick mid week salmon smoke of its raining as I don't like to uncover the pellet in the rain lol.

Latest Discussions

Back