Best Battery for Trarger

Cauldegral

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Hey everyone,

I'm new to traeger. Just got an Ironwood 650. I would like to use it in areas where i can't get electricity. I found the power inverter, but I'm wondering what kind of battery to get to power the grill. I've seen people recommend a car battery. I've seen others recommend deep cell/cycle batteries.

What has your experience been? Anyone have and experiences on what batteries work, and which ones don't?

Pogo007

Reaction score
Grill
Ranger
Hey everyone,

I'm new to traeger. Just got an Ironwood 650. I would like to use it in areas where i can't get electricity. I found the power inverter, but I'm wondering what kind of battery to get to power the grill. I've seen people recommend a car battery. I've seen others recommend deep cell/cycle batteries.

What has your experience been? Anyone have and experiences on what batteries work, and which ones don't?
Not sure if this would work for you but I just ordered the EcoFlow River Power Station for my Traeger Ranger grill. Not cheap by any measure but I'm confident that on a full charge it will provide plenty of pure sine wave AC for any length cook I might be doing in the future. My next purchase will be a 100W solar panel that I'll be able to use to charge this device when off-grid.

GrillMeister

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
You'll want something like a deep cycle battery. Something that is designed to be charged, then used, then charged again. It'll run you $100 or so. The EcoFlow power station mentioned by Pogo is very slick, but bit pricey as you already have an inverter. Whatever battery you get, I recommend a decent charger. This one is reasonably priced and you can leave it connected 24/7 so your battery will be topped off all the time for each cook.

Pogo007

Reaction score
Grill
Ranger
I agree with Grill Meister. Norco makes great products - I have one of the Norco Boost jump starters and it has worked flawlessly and is extremely well built.

Latest Discussions