Alexa... What am I doing wrong?

TheeMike

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I integrated the Ironwood to my Alexa but she thinks that I say "tracker" so I get no information.

I am saying "tray ger".

Am I saying it wrong?

I havent every used Alexa so im not familiar with it but, did you name your grill? Will Alexa respond if you call the grill by name?

I have used Google assistant a couple of times and I think it responds to me using both Traeger or the grill name assigned. I would ask Hey Google, whats the temp on the Traeger and it would reply. I would also ask it to raise the temperature on the Ironwood and it responded to that
I don't have Alexa but figure it should be the same

I have used Google assistant a couple of times and I think it responds to me using both Traeger or the grill name assigned. I would ask Hey Google, whats the temp on the Traeger and it would reply. I would also ask it to raise the temperature on the Ironwood and it responded to that
I don't have Alexa but figure it should be the same

Alexa is by Amozon, so I would think they are 2 different platforms. Google my be more "forgiving " then Alexa as far as enunciation. Idk.

I figured Amazon would have been years ahead of Google. I was only assuming that they'd be similar in how they respond
Google isn't forgiving, I argue with her all the time. "I don't understand....I am not able to do that..." Some of the same reasons I am no longer married 😉😁🤣
I gave up with trying to get my Fireboard linked up with it. I only used Google on my Traeger when I first hooked it up, My phone app is way more convenient

I figured Amazon would have been years ahead of Google. I was only assuming that they'd be similar in how they respond
Google isn't forgiving, I argue with her all the time. "I don't understand....I am not able to do that..." Some of the same reasons I am no longer married 😉😁🤣
I gave up with trying to get my Fireboard linked up with it. I only used Google on my Traeger when I first hooked it up, My phone app is way more convenient

Hahahaha, i do the same thing! Yes i agree with you on the Amazon statement.

Last edited:
I havent every used Alexa so im not familiar with it but, did you name your grill? Will Alexa respond if you call the grill by name?
You, sir, are the winner! Thank you so much.

SWEET!

I'm glad it worked out.

I have my 780 a different name. Alexa works fine
Alexa will tell me the temp of my 780 but nothing else (ie change temp, probe temp).

I thought this was only on Ironwood and Timberline so I was kinda surprised to see even this much after I enabled the skill.

With all due respect, don't need Alexa in the mix but sure would like a good Apple Watch app like FireBoard has plus control capability like some of the current thermostats like Ecobee.

That would be useful

Alexa will tell me the temp of my 780 but nothing else (ie change temp, probe temp).

I thought this was only on Ironwood and Timberline so I was kinda surprised to see even this much after I enabled the skill.
With all due respect, don't need Alexa in the mix but sure would like a good Apple Watch app like FireBoard has plus control capability like some of the current thermostats like Ecobee.

That would be useful
The Alexa is a “because I can” thing for me. The Wifire makes me feel lazy. My first Traeger was a little Junior I got for free with high medium and smoke for controls. That was way more interactive. Actually cooking

Back