4lb Brisket

Timmy

BBQ FEAST MASTER
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
Roughly 1 1/2 hrs a pound. Take it to 160f IT. Wrap in foil or butcher paper. Then take it to 203f IT. Then let it rest at least 1/2 hr minimum. This is roughly as cuts of meat don't cook the same. There is no exact time, to many variables. Hope this helps, and good luck!!

davwhite

Reaction score
Grill
Masterbuilt 1050
How long should I plan on cooking a 4lb brisket and at what temp?
Try this. Cook at 225F until the internal temp is 165F, wrap in butchers paper, back in the traeger and cook to an internal of 200F. Out and wrap the lot with a towel into a cooler for an hour and you should have a good brisket.
Here's a good video

Twmoats

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 570
Total beginner here. So when I put brisket in cooler, am I putting it on ice or just in an empty cooler?

Timmy

BBQ FEAST MASTER
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
Wrap it in foil, then beach towel the let it rest in cooler. NO ice.

Twmoats

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 570
Thank you. Didn't want to sound stupid but have always been told the stupid question is the question not asked

Timmy

BBQ FEAST MASTER
Reaction score
Grill
Thank you. Didn't want to sound stupid but have always been told the stupid question is the question not asked
EXACTLY!!

Timmy

BBQ FEAST MASTER
Reaction score
Grill
Here is a link to why meat needs to rest.

Timmy

BBQ FEAST MASTER
Reaction score
Grill
Here is a link to why meat needs to rest.
I like to let brisket rest for a minimum of 1 hour.

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I've had them in the cooler up to 4 hours and they were still almost too hot to hold. The beauty of this rest method is that you can better meet dinner times by getting the cook done early, giving you a time buffer if the meat takes longer to hit final temp.

Few things worse than having friends ready, and no dinner on the table!

TheGrumpyGriller

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
As others have said, the cooler rest is great. I've started doing long cooks overnight, and even when its done early (last full brisket took 16 hours), it rested in the cooler for 2+ and was perfectly set when I sliced it for dinner.

16HB2.jpg16HB1.jpg

hungry87

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Total beginner here. So when I put brisket in cooler, am I putting it on ice or just in an empty cooler?
Mate when I first heard Americans saying this I thought the same thing! As you said, the stupid questions are the ones unasked!

Timmmer

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Agree. I've done 5+ hours in a cooler, still in butcher paper and wrapped in towels, and it was still too hot to touch.

Slimpicker

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
Agree. I've done 5+ hours in a cooler, still in butcher paper and wrapped in towels, and it was still too hot to touch.

3 hours for me before on a pork butt and still needed my gloves to handle my pork pullers

Latest Discussions