What's your 'go-to' instant read Thermometer???

Slimpicker

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze
my Thermopro is getting shipped back... POS
If I have to spend $99 on the Thermoworks one I will, but there has to be success stories out there of other brands??

dunawayfamily

Reaction score
Grill
PRO 780
Agreed ... have an Mk4 and a Pop ... use both regularly ... waiting on a sale to pick up a Dot (or BlueDot) while I continue to waffle on Signals vs Fireboard 2 ...

OP
OP
Slimpicker

Slimpicker

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze
OKAY OKAY, mine is bought. Mk4
Thanks guys

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Im thinkin when i get a few extra bucks, im gonna get one also.

Russells

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
My MK4 has an issue, the display works and sometimes it doesn’t. I have purchased other products from them and they don’t work very well. I know I’m an anomaly but I was hoping for better.

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
My MK4 has an issue, the display works and sometimes it doesn’t. I have purchased other products from them and they don’t work very well. I know I’m an anomaly but I was hoping for better.
You're are the first I have heard to have a problem.

One thing I do with ALL battery devices that I own, use ONLY Lithium AA or AAA batteries! They are the only batteries that NEVER leak. You can safety use them until they are dead.

My Mk4 is several years old and still works perfectly, on the same set of lithiums!

Russells

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I know, I bought it due to reputation. I had an older model. Which still works. No leaking battery. I have changed battery several times thinking I may have put battery in wrong. It works sometimes and other times, the display goes out. I shake it and sometimes it works. Other times, it will go out or won’t come back on. Usually when I need it most, lol. I just hate to spring for a new one and it’s out of warranty. I’m sure I just have the luck of a bad one. Thanks for your response.

traeger860

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
ThermoWorks makes good stuff, but it's pricey. Sign up for their e-mail list if you're thinking about buying. They run promos all the time. I have an MK4 and a ThermoPop. Love them both.

dunawayfamily

Reaction score
Grill
PRO 780
ThermoWorks has a sale going on today only for the BlueDOT @ 20% off ... https://www.thermoworks.com/BlueDOT ... also picked up a High Temp Spatula (35% off with purchase of BlueDOT) and a 9"x12" Trivet for 35% off ...

GrillMeister

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22
Thermoworks has a sale on the gray Thermapen for today only for 25% off.

OP
OP
Slimpicker

Slimpicker

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze
:(:(:( that's the one I just bought only days ago

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I will also add, since items like the Thermapen that use a AAA battery, that lasts a really long time, PLEASE replace the battery with an Eveready Lithium AAA, do it now.

AAA's are really bad about leaking, on any valuable unit like this, use Lithium, they last even longer but more important, they NEVER leak. I learned the hard way years ago, ruined a few prized tools. In the last 10 years using only Lithiums I am fully confident that they are the only way to go.

Gary

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I have a Thermopro thats over 25 years old perfect temperature. Just bought an MK4. Retiring old red. For no good reason.