Webber vs Traeger

Well folks sadly I had to return my Pro 575 on the day it was delivered. I was able to get a full refund. When it was delivered the rep from my hardware store set it up, connected it to my WiFi and ran it through several temperature settings. The grill had temperature swings of 30-35 degrees. He contacting customer service which was of no use. Their suggestion was to move the grill location, tried it but that didn’t help. I am really depressed, I now have no grill and don’t know if I will ever buy a Traeger again.

You should have fully seasoned it first, the proper steps.
Did that REP remove the RTD orange plastic cover?
I know it's too late now since it's gone but I'd have given it a little time before ditching it.
The 575 is a pretty stable unit.

Well folks sadly I had to return my Pro 575 on the day it was delivered. I was able to get a full refund. When it was delivered the rep from my hardware store set it up, connected it to my WiFi and ran it through several temperature settings. The grill had temperature swings of 30-35 degrees. He contacting customer service which was of no use. Their suggestion was to move the grill location, tried it but that didn’t help. I am really depressed, I now have no grill and don’t know if I will ever buy a Traeger again.
Man you gave up on that thing way, way to soon IMO. Like not even letting the rep leave your house to soon.
Could've been just some crappy pellets.
How long did you give it to find it's temperature? Little fluctuation, and sometimes a lot, is pretty normal until it settles in.......and from there a little is still perfectly normal

Man you gave up on that thing way, way to soon IMO. Like not even letting the rep leave your house to soon.
How long did you give it to find it's temperature? Little fluctuation, and sometimes a lot, is pretty normal until it settles in.......and from there a little is still perfectly normal
I certainly have had second thoughts. We tested the grill for over 2 hours. The “rep” that I referred to was actually the manager of the grill department. He sells and service’s charcoal, gas and pellet grills. I have worked with him for over 3 years and he repaired/replaced my Pro 22 many times. He is I believe the most knowledgeable Traeger person (besides our Traeger representative) in this area. Oh and just so you all know, my dealer and Traeger have been awesome. I could not ask anything more, but when I ask if his personal Pro575 performed like my Pro575 he said “no”. That’s when I decided to return it.

I certainly have had second thoughts. We tested the grill for over 2 hours. The “rep” that I referred to was actually the manager of the grill department. He sells and service’s charcoal, gas and pellet grills. I have worked with him for over 3 years and he repaired/replaced my Pro 22 many times. He is I believe the most knowledgeable Traeger person (besides our Traeger representative) in this area. Oh and just so you all know, my dealer and Traeger have been awesome. I could not ask anything more, but when I ask if his personal Pro575 performed like my Pro575 he said “no”. That’s when I decided to return it.
And swear off Traeger forever?

I have my Pro22 for 6 months now, yes it is the Gen1 technology. Never gets to 375, in a no wind zone behind my house. Works good for low and slow, however does not make a steak worth a hoot. The reverse sear is time consuming. Does make a decent burger either, takes 20+ minutes on high. I will be listing it on Craigs List soon: Smoker, Cover, Front Shelf, Magnetic utensil holders, wooden grill scraper. And a couple of Traeger bins with pellets....

I have my Pro22 for 6 months now, yes it is the Gen1 technology. Never gets to 375, in a no wind zone behind my house. Works good for low and slow, however does not make a steak worth a hoot. The reverse sear is time consuming. Does make a decent burger either, takes 20+ minutes on high. I will be listing it on Craigs List soon: Smoker, Cover, Front Shelf, Magnetic utensil holders, wooden grill scraper. And a couple of Traeger bins with pellets....
I feel your pain. So glad my dealer returned 90% of my purchase price of my Pro22.

I feel your pain. So glad my dealer returned 90% of my purchase price of my Pro22.
I'm sorry......i thought you got a Pro575 which is what my original comment was in regards to.

edit: I do see you've had a few pro22 in the past.

I'm sorry......i thought you got a Pro575 which is what my original comment was in regards to.

LOL

I am considering buying a Webber pellet grill. I have had several Traeger’s for over 7 years so this is a difficult choice for me. I have nothing but praises for Traeger customer service. Over the past 2 years they have repaired or replaced my Pro 22 3 times. However I think that I should move up to a higher level of grill so I am considering the Pro 575 or Webber Smokefire E4 Gen 2. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Howdy, I am learning a lot in this forum. I have heard/read very good things about the high end Traegers. If I were to get another pellet grill it would be the upper end. I have not heard good things about weber pellet grills? I have a Weber gas grill with those darn piro bars a.k.a flavor bars, they cause flame ups. I am still struggling with the decision on Big Green Egg vs high end Traeger. My pallet is more in favor of a real charcoal taste and seared protein. Traegers are smokers, not grill, cant sear. In an ideal world I would have a Traeger for smoked foods, Big Green Egg for the taste and searing and a gasser foe quick and easy when you get home from work late. Such a dilemma.

Only one, have it 6 months. It is not making the grade

In an ideal world I would have a Traeger for smoked foods, Big Green Egg for the taste and searing and a gasser foe quick and easy when you get home from work late. Such a dilemma.
Hmmm.

20210608_085512.jpg

Not ideal, as even this collection has drawbacks.

A large BGE could be larger.
The PB 820 doesn't do everything I want, and could be larger to cook more ribs.
Maintain 4 grills is more work...

Unless Santa brings an XL BGE down my chimney, my pellet will be the next to be upgraded.

The BGE and a gasser will always be around too.

Hmmm.

View attachment 7238

Not ideal, as even this collection has drawbacks.

A large BGE could be larger.
The PB 820 doesn't do everything I want, and could be larger to cook more ribs.
Maintain 4 grills is more work...

Unless Santa brings an XL BGE down my chimney, my pellet will be the next to be upgraded.

The BGE and a gasser will always be around too.
Dude ..... I am not worthy!!! The ultimate patio. I have a Traeger Pro22, Webber 22" charcoal and a Weber Genesis B that survived Hurricane Sandy. 100mph winds picked it up off my deck and threw it 20 feet, kind of bent but still works. The only success I have had with the Traeger is with ribs, beer can chicken, wings and poppers.

Latest Discussions

Back