Traeger Timberline 850 Concerns

My 850 drip tray is tilted to drain to the front, it is also bowed so all drippings run to the sides and to the front right and left sides. It then drains into the front channel, flows to the left, then down the chute and into the bottom pan.

Grease fires on the main drip tray may be because you didn't really press and form the foil liner to hug the pan. I lay the pan on the ground and really press the sides down into the folds and hold firmly while folding the side tabs around to the back. drippings must be able to flow to the sides and out forward into the channel.

Now the front channel can be a problem as well, mine didn't really drain well to the left so drippings often just burned up in the channel. I posted quite a bit on what I did to correct what I think is a poor channel design as well as add insulation to the whole grease system to prevent it from getting overheated.

But first and foremost, the tray liners must be really pressed to completely hug the shape of the pan or that will get you a fire right on the pan.
would you sell your drip tray mod for more angle?

My 850 drip tray is tilted to drain to the front, it is also bowed so all drippings run to the sides and to the front right and left sides. It then drains into the front channel, flows to the left, then down the chute and into the bottom pan.

Grease fires on the main drip tray may be because you didn't really press and form the foil liner to hug the pan. I lay the pan on the ground and really press the sides down into the folds and hold firmly while folding the side tabs around to the back. drippings must be able to flow to the sides and out forward into the channel.

Now the front channel can be a problem as well, mine didn't really drain well to the left so drippings often just burned up in the channel. I posted quite a bit on what I did to correct what I think is a poor channel design as well as add insulation to the whole grease system to prevent it from getting overheated.

But first and foremost, the tray liners must be really pressed to completely hug the shape of the pan or that will get you a fire right on the pan.
how so you deal with traeger grease trays too short? I’d like to see how you bend it on

Latest Discussions

Back