Traeger Flatrock Griddle Reviews, Prices & Specs

My local HD says they have two so I stopped at lunch and didn’t see anything on the floor or up in the racks.

Must be hidden so they don’t run out!

My local HD says they have two so I stopped at lunch and didn’t see anything on the floor or up in the racks.

I have three HD stores within 5 miles. None show inventory.

If they are like my local HD stores, someone has stolen them. Being a builder I buy a lot from them and just a couple days ago I was looking for two electrical panel boxes of what they said they had 5. They couldn’t locate them and said most likely someone stole them. Happens all the time, they can’t stop someone from walking right out the door with whatever they want. All they can do is call the police, they are long gone by then.

If they are like my local HD stores, someone has stolen them. Being a builder I buy a lot from them and just a couple days ago I was looking for two electrical panel boxes of what they said they had 5. They couldn’t locate them and said most likely someone stole them. Happens all the time, they can’t stop someone from walking right out the door with whatever they want. All they can do is call the police, they are long gone by then.

While dishonest people might be able to steal smaller items, the FlatRock grills come in large boxes and weigh 189#. You will either need a couple of weight lifters or a fork truck to move one of the boxes, especially if they are on one of the shelves. Handling one is not a one-person job and such a theft would be easily picked up on security cameras.

While dishonest people might be able to steal smaller items, the FlatRock grills come in large boxes and weigh 189#. You will either need a couple of weight lifters or a fork truck to move one of the boxes, especially if they are on one of the shelves. Handling one is not a one-person job and such a theft would be easily picked up on security cameras.
Then you would definitely be surprised at what those lowlife people can and do walk right out with. Security cameras nowadays are a joke thanks to Covid. Not too long ago a HD employee that works in the tool department told me how two guys with hooded masks (should be illegal to wear in stores) put a 80 gallon air compressor on a flat dolly along with several boxes of air tools and such and walked right past the register and out the doors. The tag alarm going off and two employees taking pictures of them. They had two guys outside with a white van waiting on them. By the time cops arrived they was long gone. He said lowlife’s like that has taking shopping carts full of battery powered tools right out too. We live in a completely different country nowadays. Walmart has this happening regularly. Next time you are at Home Depot just ask an employee how often people walk right out with large items. If the lowlifes do get caught, it’s a slap on the wrist!

Then you would definitely be surprised at what those lowlife people can and do walk right out with. Security cameras nowadays are a joke thanks to Covid. Not too long ago a HD employee that works in the tool department told me how two guys with hooded masks (should be illegal to wear in stores) put a 80 gallon air compressor on a flat dolly along with several boxes of air tools and such and walked right past the register and out the doors. The tag alarm going off and two employees taking pictures of them. They had two guys outside with a white van waiting on them. By the time cops arrived they was long gone. He said lowlife’s like that has taking shopping carts full of battery powered tools right out too. We live in a completely different country nowadays. Walmart has this happening regularly. Next time you are at Home Depot just ask an employee how often people walk right out with large items. If the lowlifes do get caught, it’s a slap on the wrist!
Sad but true. It’s really quite disgusting.

The HD up the road put in turnstile type barricades at the front entrance that only allow for people coming into the store. When you leave you have to exit by the cashiers. Oh, all the cashiers are older ladies or disabled.

Heck, I am even now starting to see armed guards outside the grocery store

Ok, this has devolved!

Back on track...if I didn't just spend a few bucks on a new pistol than I would really be contemplating that FlatRock.

Local HD has a Flat Rock on display now and it's a good-looking griddle in person!
I saw one in person a few weeks ago too and it’s looks better than the blackstones I’m used to. Worth the price? Idk. But I was impressed with the look

I have a cousin that finally got his a couple weeks ago. I’m on the opposite end of the state from him so it’ll be a while before I get down there. He has a Blackstone Professional at his River house so he’s comparing closer to apples to apples. According to him, it feels sturdier and has a slicker design, he wishes the grease chute was completely over to one side instead of offset from center because it’s in the way of where he places his food when cooking but he’ll get used to it. He claims as for cooking it’s is same as his Blackstone and hasn’t noticed any difference. I’ll be getting up with him early summer so by then he’ll know everything about it. Especially since he’s about to start fishing more since the weather is getting warmer so he’ll be going from one to the other.

I saw the FlatRock griddle up close and personal this morning at my local HD store. I do not know if it was put together properly, but the legs were not nearly as stable as those on my Ironwood 885 nor the cabinet of my Chargriller Flat Iron griddle.

I liked that the steel top was easily removeable. However, the edges of the handles cut into the steel were rather rough. I suggest using gloves if you plan to remove the top of the griddle.

Having seen the Flatrock, I do not believe it is worth the asking price, at least not to me. My Flat Iron Premium lists for $499 vs $899 for the Flatrock. I got the Flat Iron for about $400 after the Menard's sale and rebate. While there are some things about the Flatrock that I really like, those extra features are not worth an extra $500 to me. There are some things that come standard with the Flat Iron that are optional accessories on the Flatrock. If you want those accessories, that further increase the price discrepancy.

I haven't seen one in person, but read several product reviews. The Traeger Flatrock and the new Weber griddle do have two clear advantages: (1) more uniform heating across the entire surface and (2) better low temperature control. I usually cook just for myself and rarely use the entire griddle surface. My Blackstone gets hot in the center and the edges are only useful for keeping the food warm, and that works for me. Also, turning one or more burners off is an easy way to achieve lower temperatures for me.

But I can see that these features would be attractive for those who use griddles to cook for a crowd. (Unlike my Blackstone, you can use the Traeger and Weber to make pancakes over the entire surface and they will be done at the same time!) Only they can decide if it is worth the extra cost.

I haven't seen one in person, but read several product reviews. The Traeger Flatrock and the new Weber griddle do have two clear advantages: (1) more uniform heating across the entire surface and (2) better low temperature control. I usually cook just for myself and rarely use the entire griddle surface. My Blackstone gets hot in the center and the edges are only useful for keeping the food warm, and that works for me. Also, turning one or more burners off is an easy way to achieve lower temperatures for me.

But I can see that these features would be attractive for those who use griddles to cook for a crowd. (Unlike my Blackstone, you can use the Traeger and Weber to make pancakes over the entire surface and they will be done at the same time!) Only they can decide if it is worth the extra cost.

I was not impressed by the Weber, either. The legs were rather wobbly.

My Flat Iron is quite large. I used it yesterday to cook a couple of burgers and to toast a couple of buns for my wife and I. Such a large surface was not needed. However, I find the large surface great when cooking meat, vegetables and rice for a stir fry. Even though I am cooking for two, I cook enough to provide leftovers for another couple of meals.

I was not impressed by the Weber, either. The legs were rather wobbly.

My Flat Iron is quite large. I used it yesterday to cook a couple of burgers and to toast a couple of buns for my wife and I. Such a large surface was not needed. However, I find the large surface great when cooking meat, vegetables and rice for a stir fry. Even though I am cooking for two, I cook enough to provide leftovers for another couple of meals.
Probably the teenager that assembled it. There are also two sizes of Weber. The larger has a hinged lid and the smaller has a removable lid. 3/4 burners respectively.

Latest Discussions

Back