Timberline XL Cover Alternative

The Traeger covers are by far the best quality covers I’ve seen. I couldn’t imagine going with an off brand after dropping the 4k. Mine fits perfectly, even with the shelf.
761B01B5-5E03-49C8-B49D-EEA2E1B4D4E0.jpeg

I’m sure the Traeger cover is good quality. But so is the one I choose to go with. It’s not my first experience with this brand. I’m currently looking at five other covers made by Classic Accessories sitting on my patio ranging from well over 10 yrs to this recent one for the TXL. The oldest do show their age but they still protect and most important to me, keep my grills dry. Price was only a small factor, fact is I know these covers are reliable. I posted the recommendation because of my experience with this brand and I felt the cover fit the TXL pretty well for being a general grill cover. For those who prefer the mfg cover, more power to you. I’m taking the few bucks I saved and buying more hot dog packs. Happy grilling everyone.

This afternoon I placed an order for one of the Classic Accessories covers for my Ironwood. If it lasts for 10 years, it may well outlast me.

This afternoon I placed an order for one of the Classic Accessories covers for my Ironwood. If it lasts for 10 years, it may well outlast me.

I must have been in the moment as I wrote the last post. I need to clarify it’s only been 5 years since I purchased my first Classic Accessories cover. This time I confirmed the date with my Amazon purchase history. I got the timeframe wrong thinking back to how long I’ve had my Weber performer. My apologies for any misleading info. But I have no doubt that particular cover has plenty of life left. Hope the one you ordered works out for you.

I had a Traeger cover for my Silverton. Lasted 2 years. I got it for free initially with the purchase from Costco. It was $70 to replace.
I like the idea of a less expensive alternative. If it can last 2 years for under $50, that's a win. Do you have any attachments like the shelf or paper towel roll attached? Do you think the Classic Accessories cover would accommodate those things without having to remove the P.A.L. attachments?

I had a Traeger cover for my Silverton. Lasted 2 years. I got it for free initially with the purchase from Costco. It was $70 to replace.
I like the idea of a less expensive alternative. If it can last 2 years for under $50, that's a win. Do you have any attachments like the shelf or paper towel roll attached? Do you think the Classic Accessories cover would accommodate those things without having to remove the P.A.L. attachments?

I have the front shelf. Though I’ve always flip it down, the cover fit pretty easily with the it left up. The bottom of the cover did raise up slightly in the center but not by much. The next size up may be a better fit if you had all of the P.A.L attachments and opted to leave them on.

The Classic Accessories Ravenna cover arrived. I ordered the 58" medium size for my Ironwood 885. The cover fits perfectly. It was easy to install. It has straps with buckles to secure the cover. I only plan on securing them if we get a severe thunderstorm warning or if I do no plan on using the grill for a while. It also has a large zipper pocket on the front to store grill tools if desired.

I have no idea how long the cover will last in Chicago weather: hot in the summer, frigid in winter and windy any time. It might not outlast a Traeger cover, but it does not need to. I can purchase two Ravenna covers for the price of the Traeger cover.

Last edited:
I bought the cover the OP recommended for my Timberline XL. Looks and fits great. Great price. Despite not having the Traeger logo, even if it holds up a year it will be worth the money.

Latest Discussions

Back