Help! Terrible Treager grill.

Why would you not use your grill? This app and WiFire is not needed to run this grill just like any other Traeger made.

I know it's a nice feature and folks want it to work, but don't cancel events and the best part of smoking and grilling in the summer just because you can't figure out a wireless grill connection. FIre that sucker up and smoke some meat. The control pad works amazingly easy.
Sorry to disagree but both of my TL 850’s would not work properly because they could not complete the downloads.
Could not get them to completely pair to my phone. Could not complete the break-in sequence. Could not get the SMOKE to work even though I was in the correct heat range or so the CONTROLLER was flashing.
Temp for steaks were false.
Treager desperately needs to fix their downloadable app before they face a massive lawsuit.

Yes,any help would be good

There are some requirements that need to be in place in order for the App Device to be able to complete the setup of the WiFIRE Controller ... what Router / Wireless Access Point are you using to create your Home Wi-Fi Network? Is your App Device iOS-based or Android-based? What is the current level of Firmware installed on the WiFIRE Controller (Menu->Settings->About Grill)?

Have a apple 11 plus phone, set up 2.4 private wireless

Attachments

• 44079817-E8D1-4615-A631-9C784E59E2EC.jpeg
    44079817-E8D1-4615-A631-9C784E59E2EC.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 6B773D49-D7E3-4E21-9541-05BD7C610D3D.jpeg
    6B773D49-D7E3-4E21-9541-05BD7C610D3D.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 40
Have a apple 11 plus phone, set up 2.4 private wireless

Firmware version 02.00.00 can be challenging to connect ... what Router / Wireless Access Point are you using for your Home Wi-Fi Network? Is that Router / Wireless Access Point broadcasting separate Network Names (SSIDs) between the 2.4GHz & 5GHz radios? For example: Sucker & Sucker 5GHz ...

Yes, two different names for 2.4 broadcast. Using Atlantic broadband for router. About 12 feet away from grill location.

Yes, two different names for 2.4 broadcast. Using Atlantic broadband for router. About 12 feet away from grill location.

If the Airplane Mode Workaround doesn't help keep the iPhone 11+ "sticky" to the 2.4GHz radio when it completes the hand-off of the following values:
SSID​
Encryption Type​
Password (you enter manually)​
WORKAROUND: The best way to eliminate the failed/hung setup state for WiFIRE is to first put your App Device into Airplane Mode, then manually turn Wi-Fi back on, then "forget" the 5GHz Wi-Fi network, then connect to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and start the setup process from the beginning ... this eliminates any potential issues with regards to the App Device reconnecting back to the wrong (i.e. 5GHz) Home Wi-Fi Network during the setup process ... once the setup process has successfully completed, you can take the App Device out of Airplane Mode, and reconnect to the 5GHz Wireless network on your App Device (if desired) ...​

... then the other options would be to find an "older" App Device that only supports 802.11b/g/n wireless to complete the setup process (802.11b/g/n implies 2.4GHz only, or it is "preferred"), or turn off the 5GHz radio temporarily in your Router (you would need to do this step every time you run the setup process in the future ... once setup completes successfully and you can monitor/control the values for Temp/Timer/Probe via the App, you can turn the 5GHz radio back on) ...

If none of the above "workarounds" solve the issue, then your WiFIRE Controller potentially has corrupted Firmware, and you need a replacement controller sent out to you with version 02.00.01 (at a minimum) ...

Where is the antenna located on the grill? I have moved an access point within 20 feet of my grill; separated only by a glass door and my signal strength is extremely weak. (Full bars on phone)

If the Airplane Mode Workaround doesn't help keep the iPhone 11+ "sticky" to the 2.4GHz radio when it completes the hand-off of the following values:
SSID​
Encryption Type​
Password (you enter manually)​
WORKAROUND: The best way to eliminate the failed/hung setup state for WiFIRE is to first put your App Device into Airplane Mode, then manually turn Wi-Fi back on, then "forget" the 5GHz Wi-Fi network, then connect to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and start the setup process from the beginning ... this eliminates any potential issues with regards to the App Device reconnecting back to the wrong (i.e. 5GHz) Home Wi-Fi Network during the setup process ... once the setup process has successfully completed, you can take the App Device out of Airplane Mode, and reconnect to the 5GHz Wireless network on your App Device (if desired) ...​

... then the other options would be to find an "older" App Device that only supports 802.11b/g/n wireless to complete the setup process (802.11b/g/n implies 2.4GHz only, or it is "preferred"), or turn off the 5GHz radio temporarily in your Router (you would need to do this step every time you run the setup process in the future ... once setup completes successfully and you can monitor/control the values for Temp/Timer/Probe via the App, you can turn the 5GHz radio back on) ...

If none of the above "workarounds" solve the issue, then your WiFIRE Controller potentially has corrupted Firmware, and you need a replacement controller sent out to you with version 02.00.01 (at a minimum) ...
Called Traeger C/S On the phone for about 1.5 hrs, will let me know what they want to do about this problem..I will update what happens next.

Called Traeger C/S On the phone for about 1.5 hrs, will let me know what they want to do about this problem..I will update what happens next.
Finely was able to get wifire working, What a pia that was .... that’s for all you help and input. Would I recommend traeger? Time will tell.

Attachments

• FAEDADA2-52EA-4C48-9ED4-DC2391B9DE8F.jpeg
    FAEDADA2-52EA-4C48-9ED4-DC2391B9DE8F.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 37
  • CB4AFCD1-2E91-46A3-9935-79BF952A17B3.jpeg
    CB4AFCD1-2E91-46A3-9935-79BF952A17B3.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 33

Latest Discussions

Back