Super Smoke

Ron

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I have a Pro 575 and I am trying to figure out how to achieve super smoke. I would be grateful to anyone with a solution, if there is one.

Bcostanza

Reaction score
Grill
575 Pro
After calling Traeger, I was told the Pro 575 does not have super smoke and only the more expensive models have it. They should explain that in the recipes but don't.

jp9724

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
After calling Traeger, I was told the Pro 575 does not have super smoke and only the more expensive models have it. They should explain that in the recipes but don't.
A lot of the recipes you'll find instructions stating to turn your grill to smoke, unless the recipe was released after the D2 models were released. Then itll give you a temp and to turn on super smoke if your grill has it. If it says to turn your grill on and set to smoke(old dial models) really it means a temp lower than 220F probably somewhere in the 165-185f range. So just keep that in mind when looking at Traeger recipes on the site or app.
But get yourself a smoke tube, then you can have super smoke in all temp ranges (y)

jp9724

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Smoke tube on amazon
Its a tube you fill with pellets/ wood shavings that you ignite and allow to smolder inside the cooker while its cooking. Adds additional smoke flavor.

ExUnifliter

Reaction score
Grill
Pro Series 22
36E70CC7-3ABB-4084-A2C9-7D9E364B1EBC.jpeg

ExUnifliter

Reaction score
Grill
Pro Series 22
This is another way to use a smoker tube. I have used both my baby Traeger and my natural gas grill as containment vessels to smoke a wide variety of cheeses....
I usually pu the tube in a container to keep the resulting ash in line. A tray under the cheese(s) in case the temp gets too high...
Wrap in pink butcher paper (or cheesecloth) in a brown paper bag for a couple of days, then vacuum-seal for two weeks and then bask!

Latest Discussions