Problems connecting to Network for first time... and my fix

rstimson

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I bought a new (demo) Pro 575 yesterday and trying to set up the Traeger app on my Android (Pixel 2 XL) and after a number of calls, with varying pieces of information... (I even watched youtube videos with no luck).

1. We emailed you the directions
  2. You need a wifi extender

I knew these were wrong, because it was not to that point in the app.

So I downloaded the app a number of times, logged in, went to add Wifi, accepted data privacy, and did the process... failed to connect to the network.

I slowed down and started to actually read the screens and realized on the screen after the privacy screen, it tells you what network it will connect to...

In my case, it said "it will connect to home network. It is suppose to say what the network name (only 2.4mhz, ok, got that). But it was blank.

You need a network extender... no I don't I haven't even attempted to connect to the grill, and you don't know what network to connect to...

very frustrating...

So I tried my daughter's iphone.... wahoo... it worked!

So it is definitely the Android app. Maybe not for everyone, but definitely my Android.

I can relax now, frustration gone.

Yup the iOS devices will connect easier then android when setting up for the first time.

What model iPhone? My XS Max will not work at all. It displays the correct network name no problems there, I give the grill a nickname then it takes me right back to the setup wifire screen in the app as if it's somehow not registering when it attempts to join my wifi network. I look in my router DHCP table, no signs of the grill's MAC address at all on the connected devices list. All the while, the grill says it's connected, shows the correct SSID, signal strength etc. I tried an Android device, it connects the same, but at least I get pass the connect to wifire page, but the grill shows up as offline and you can't change any of the settings or view it's network configuration, I can only change the name. Not sure what the problem is for me...

What model iPhone? My XS Max will not work at all. It displays the correct network name no problems there, I give the grill a nickname then it takes me right back to the setup wifire screen in the app as if it's somehow not registering when it attempts to join my wifi network. I look in my router DHCP table, no signs of the grill's MAC address at all on the connected devices list. All the while, the grill says it's connected, shows the correct SSID, signal strength etc. I tried an Android device, it connects the same, but at least I get pass the connect to wifire page, but the grill shows up as offline and you can't change any of the settings or view it's network configuration, I can only change the name. Not sure what the problem is for me...

iOS on iPad.

@bigproppa3 I have the exact same as you (just posted on another thread) but with the difference perhaps that I can see the grill registered on my network (2nd 2.4ghz just for this purpose) and it still just loops back to the start of the connection wizard. I have plugged in today on standby and am hoping for the firmware update, I will also call and see if they can 'push' it...

I bought a new (demo) Pro 575 yesterday and trying to set up the Traeger app on my Android (Pixel 2 XL) and after a number of calls, with varying pieces of information... (I even watched youtube videos with no luck).

1. We emailed you the directions
  2. You need a wifi extender
I knew these were wrong, because it was not to that point in the app.

So I downloaded the app a number of times, logged in, went to add Wifi, accepted data privacy, and did the process... failed to connect to the network.

I slowed down and started to actually read the screens and realized on the screen after the privacy screen, it tells you what network it will connect to...

In my case, it said "it will connect to home network. It is suppose to say what the network name (only 2.4mhz, ok, got that). But it was blank.

You need a network extender... no I don't I haven't even attempted to connect to the grill, and you don't know what network to connect to...

very frustrating...

So I tried my daughter's iphone.... wahoo... it worked!

So it is definitely the Android app. Maybe not for everyone, but definitely my Android.

I can relax now, frustration gone.
Mine will not connect either and I have an IPhone and the grill is only 30’ from my modem .

What's interesting is that I am seeing traffic to and from the grill, it's definitely connecting, maybe it will update but would have thought it would have by now.

iOS on iPad.

I've been fighting with this issue as well, have tried it from 3 different iPhones, an Android phone and 2 different iPads. None of the devices seem to complete the setup, as mentioned in the previous post on iOS it returns to the setup screen and Android shows it offline.

Latest Discussions

Back