Pro 780 Has Max Temp Setpoint of 450?

So strange...was a disaster these updates are.
That they are. I never had a problem with any of the updates, but then again I didn't have an objective test to notice if they applied or worked. Since I never really have had any of the issues that the updates "fixed".

With the 450 vs 500, that is a simple test.

They don’t show Firmware v2.00.01 either though and that definitely happened.

Right - they list 2.00.00 versus 2.00.01 ... when I unboxed my 780 and got it connected, I ended up 2.00.01 / 03.007 after it updated ... the WiFIRE Status Page is not updated regularly, nor is the information displayed there always 100% accurate (missing info, etc.) ... Hoping they get better at this over time (recognizing that by releasing an IOT-device, they've become a technology company, and the best way to keep users informed and cut down on support calls is to provide this information via a "self-service" portal)

That they are. I never had a problem with any of the updates, but then again I didn't have an objective test to notice if they applied or worked. Since I never really have had any of the issues that the updates "fixed".

With the 450 vs 500, that is a simple test.

The ability to support 500 degrees is tied to the Config data for each Grill, and that value is Grill specific - see the following: https://www.traegergrills.com/status

04.016 is the current Config data version for the 575
03.010 is the current Config data version for the 780

So based on your value above, you have a PRO 575 ...

Correct, my Ironwood is on latest firmware and config. My Pro 575 updated firmware to 02.01.00 back in March, a week later I realized that even though my firmware is on latest, my config was not. I attributed the fact that it would not go to 500 like others that received the update, to the config ver.

I would expect both firmware and config to update as part of the same package.

I was stating that I don't know if updating separately is a common thing to my Pro or if this time I have an outlier. I have never really been a latest update chaser and up until now (at least during the short 7-8 months I've owned this Pro) updates were to solve issues that I never experienced. The 450 vs 500 test is pretty easy for me to perform. It either goes to 450 (config ver 04.012) or 500 (config ver 04.012).

I haven't reached out to Traeger. I honestly don't feel I'm missing out on the extra 50 degrees. Although I'm more concerned with the next update. If being on the wrong config ver will rectify or cause a failure to update, possibly bricking my controller board.

Correct, my Ironwood is on latest firmware and config. My Pro 575 updated firmware to 02.01.00 back in March, a week later I realized that even though my firmware is on latest, my config was not. I attributed the fact that it would not go to 500 like others that received the update, to the config ver.

I would expect both firmware and config to update as part of the same package.

I was stating that I don't know if updating separately is a common thing to my Pro or if this time I have an outlier. I have never really been a latest update chaser and up until now (at least during the short 7-8 months I've owned this Pro) updates were to solve issues that I never experienced. The 450 vs 500 test is pretty easy for me to perform. It either goes to 450 (config ver 04.012) or 500 (config ver 04.012).

Yep - one would hope that if a Firmware Update was being applied to a Grill, that the latest Config Data for that specific Grill would also be applied, but that doesn't seem to be consistently happening ... I can see the scenario where the Config Data files may be updated more frequently than the Firmware, so those could be PUSHed "out-of-band"/separate from the Firmware Updates ... Transparency is lacking from Traeger on how they are managing updates to this point - hoping they recognize the need to be more transparent in order to cut down on the number of support calls they must be taking on in the interim ...

anyone else still waiting for the 500 degree update? after several calls, i'm just told to be patient...

anyone else still waiting for the 500 degree update? after several calls, i'm just told to be patient...

Has the latest Firmware been installed (02.01.03)? If not, some have reported that removing the Grill from the App, then re-adding the Grill will trigger the Firmware update to start downloading ... you'll need to leave the grill powered on for 1-2+ days continually to receive both updates (Firmware first, followed by Config Version ... 03.009 or later will give you the ability to select 500 degrees) ...

Has the latest Firmware been installed (02.01.03)? If not, some have reported that removing the Grill from the App, then re-adding the Grill will trigger the Firmware update to start downloading ... you'll need to leave the grill powered on for 1-2+ days continually to receive both updates (Firmware first, followed by Config Version ... 03.009 or later will give you the ability to select 500 degrees) ...
damn, wish i had known that a few montsh ago. i removed it and re-added it and it instantly dl'd 02.01.03, just waiting for the new config version, hopefully get that soon. thanks!

damn, wish i had known that a few montsh ago. i removed it and re-added it and it instantly dl'd 02.01.03, just waiting for the new config version, hopefully get that soon. thanks!

02.01.03 became available around August 3rd/4th, so you're really about 2 weeks behind :) ... as for the Config Version update, historically that only happened after the Firmware update (assuming the grill stayed powered on continuously), so once they stopped PUSHing 02.01.02 on May 27th, there was no way to just get the Config Version update on its own ...

Back