Pellets Pit Boss Pellets At Lowes

Try Furtado Farms, they make pellets in Ontario
Dickson BBQ and Wickertree both carry this brand

I should have added; yes, I have used them. They burn fairly clean, not a lot of ash and produce a good amount of smoke. I didn't get the oak, but I will get some this summer
Thanks Rusty, just wondering if anyone knows the quality of Furtado pellets?

Thanks Rusty, just wondering if anyone knows the quality of Furtado pellets?
The ones I bought were good. Not a lot of dust in the bags. Pellets were solid and firm. I found they provided a good amount of smoke. They burned very well and imparted a smooth smoke flavor, not harsh. There was very little ash as well. I would definitely buy them again

The ones I bought were good. Not a lot of dust in the bags. Pellets were solid and firm. I found they provided a good amount of smoke. They burned very well and imparted a smooth smoke flavor, not harsh. There was very little ash as well. I would definitely buy them again
Thanks again Rusty...forgive me for my compulsive disorder lol but did you find a difference in quality or characteristics comparing the Traeger pellets?

Thanks again Rusty...forgive me for my compulsive disorder lol but did you find a difference in quality or characteristics comparing the Traeger pellets?
Not a problem. We all learn here from others experiences. Whether they are fails or successes, something can be learned.
Traeger pellets work alright. I find that they are made well, but not a huge smoke or flavor producer. That's just my opinion, and I have only used 3 bags of Traeger pellets. Compared to Furtado Farms, no contest for me, Furtado out performs them in every way.
For me, this is what I saw. Not a scientific comparison, just in use cooks
I would say on ash, they are about equal. Definitely not any more from Furtado Farms pellets.
Smoke, Furtado farms produces more.
Flavor, Furtado farms seems to impart more in the protein
Pellet quality, about the same. I didn't and haven't had any issues with either brand.
Let me know if there is a specific comparison you are looking for

Well Rusty you convinced me to give them a go, Im always ordering items from Dickson so my next order will include Furtado oak pellets. Thanks for the advice. At some future post I'll give you my take on it.

Well Rusty you convinced me to give them a go, Im always ordering items from Dickson so my next order will include Furtado oak pellets. Thanks for the advice. At some future post I'll give you my take on it.
I look forward to that. I never got oak on my order last year, but will get some this summer. I like that their pellets aren't blends of woods. They are 100% of whatever wood you select.

On advice from a YouTube video I found a 50/50 mix of Pit Boss charcoal pellets and Pit Boss "flavor of your choice" (competition blend in my instance) to work really well!!! Did my initial burn-in with this mix...I wanna start grilling but am waiting for a few more essential accessories to round out the package!!!😁👍🏻

I bought some Pit Boss charcoal pellets last Sunday. Im going to try this mix with either Apple or competition blend. 😁

I bought some Pit Boss charcoal pellets last Sunday. Im going to try this mix with either Apple or competition blend. 😁
I did the 50/50 mix of charcoal/ competition for my initial burn-in and just from the smell!!!....😁👍🏻

BTW, as soon as my PitBoss bags get here... I will do a Traeger, PitBoss, and Bear Mountain Pellet "sifting test" to see who has more DUST and who breaks up easier during a good shaking...
Id like to see this also!

Just bought a $9.99 20# bag of PB Mesquite at Lowe's (Venice, Fl); Apple and Hickory sold out. They had the 40# composite as well, but higher price than JohnnyB saw at WalMart. I'll try them out this weekend with a Sirloin Tip Roast and report results.

Thanks for the tip! I ordered 2 Hickory and 2 Mesquite from Walmart at $8.88 / 20 Lb bag and free shipping.

Lowes has Pit Boss Oak 40 pound bag for $24 with free shipping - Are these any good?

Well, since there were 200+ bags left at my local Lowes I broke down and bought a Hickory and Apple:D

I have bought the competition blend for 15$ multiple times and have been pleased with the final result. I have been recently just buying the gourmet traeger blend at my local Costco.

Back