Pellet Hopper Clean Out

isaiahfranco

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Has anyone been able to successfully empty out their pellet hopper without dumping a ton of pellets on the ground? If so, how did you do it?

Well I’ve taken a bucket and held it at an angle to catch a fair amount. They still hit the floor though but minimal

Glad I'm not the only one struggling with this. I think I'll try to come up with a way to guide the pellets into the bucket while they're exiting the hopper. Probably just 3 sides of a cardboard box oughta do it.

Glad I'm not the only one struggling with this. I think I'll try to come up with a way to guide the pellets into the bucket while they're exiting the hopper. Probably just 3 sides of a cardboard box oughta do it.

The hopper door is useless ... I reach into the hopper with my hand or a cup/dish and remove all the pellets down to the point I can see the auger ... then refill with whatever pellet I am switching too ... the "old" pellets in the auger will burn up during the ignition phase ...

I tried to use the hooper door for two weeks then went searching the internet for a better solution. I found this guys solution and do the same thing. Changing pellets is a breeze and I routinely swap pellets based on what I’m cooking in under a minute.

Bought the same bucket vacuum from Home Depot for $26 and some 5 gallon buckets with lids.

Has anyone been able to successfully empty out their pellet hopper without dumping a ton of pellets on the ground? If so, how did you do it?

This was my solution, works great.

This was my solution, works great.

Nicely done! My solution isn’t quite as elegant but it gets the job done.

Attachments

• 3858B68E-BE61-427A-9349-4443D4C7CDF0.jpeg
    3858B68E-BE61-427A-9349-4443D4C7CDF0.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 166
  • EABA87B0-474C-4D16-AF82-7B23E4636A1E.jpeg
    EABA87B0-474C-4D16-AF82-7B23E4636A1E.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 164
Hving same issue. Already wrote to T w suggestion for simple design chgs to improve. All they need to do is reverse hopper door so it opens top/down and add side plates to make simple spout or shute. Then chg hopper grate from being screwed in and stationary to hinged so it can be flipped up. Easy. No cost.

I found this works really well. Let me know if you want one. I bought a few extras for gifts.

Attachments

• ASH VAC SELL SHEET PHOTO.pdf
    592.9 KB · Views: 217
I found this works really well. Let me know if you want one. I bought a few extras for gifts.

By the time i get that stuff plugged in and running, my hands and/or cup, will have removed the pellets all the way down to the auger manually ...

I tried to use the hooper door for two weeks then went searching the internet for a better solution. I found this guys solution and do the same thing. Changing pellets is a breeze and I routinely swap pellets based on what I’m cooking in under a minute.

Bought the same bucket vacuum from Home Depot for $26 and some 5 gallon buckets with lids.

Great tip. Thanks for the video

I was having issues too. Now I use a charcoal scoop from Ace Hardware. Oh, I removed the screen from the hopper to. Takes a couple minutes longer but no mess or pellets on the deck.

Latest Discussions

Back