Outdoor Kitchen Build

The latest addition to the outdoor kitchen... My neighbor, the one with the top shelf, was over having a bourbon one evening and came up with the idea to put a light behind the big Texas star on the wall. I found an LED bulb that runs off an USB connection and SWMBO got up there and hung one behind the star up in the middle. It plugs into a USB charger plugged into the wall or one of the many battery based USB chargers I have. Turned out pretty cool.

View attachment 7790

View attachment 7791
Definitely another fine addition to your beautiful kitchen.
That looks great

Well, the temps finally cooled of here in Texas and that allowed for some sorely needed Spring Cleaning. This year, the pollen from Juniper and Oak trees has been crazy. The worst I have ever seen. Time to empty the shelves and wash them and the bottles of pollen and dust. Gonna put down clear shelf liners before putting up the clean bottles again. That bucket next to the sink was clear sudsy water when we started.

1653241807823.png

Guess the outdoor grill has it's good and bad points, never thought about getting dusted with pollen! But man is your setup SO SWEET!
My backyard gets dusted with pollen and it’s super annoying but I also never considered it would do the same with an outdoor kitchen.

Oh well I think it would be worst it for ther sweet set up

All clean now. It will probably be a every 6 months task going forward.

The next project is to install the beer taps inside that High West wooden taster box. The keezer will in the garage on the other side of the wall and I have two beer shanks mounted and then 2 Perlick faucets hidden by the door of the box. Should be pretty slick when I get it done in the next month or so.

1653419828579.png

My backyard gets dusted with pollen and it’s super annoying but I also never considered it would do the same with an outdoor kitchen.

Oh well I think it would be worst it for ther sweet set up
Yeah I’ve got a stand of pine trees I love in one respect and hate in another. Yellow pollen everywhere in the spring. Ugh!

The next project is to install the beer taps inside that High West wooden taster box. The keezer will in the garage on the other side of the wall and I have two beer shanks mounted and then 2 Perlick faucets hidden by the door of the box. Should be pretty slick when I get it done in the next month or so.
Beer Taps? It just gets better and better!

View attachment 9438
Throw in a flat screen and some Sonos, I could eat, sleep and live there 24/7. Just pop my head in the house every now and then to check on the missus. That’s a beautiful spot you have there. Outside of Austin?

Got the old High West Whiskey Taster box converted and mounted. The hinges are now on the right side and I pulled the guts out.

1653755993789.png

Throw in a flat screen and some Sonos, I could eat, sleep and live there 24/7. Just pop my head in the house every now and then to check on the missus. That’s a beautiful spot you have there. Outside of Austin?

Looking at a 100" pull down screen and a short throw projector on the far side. Already have 2 Sonos Play 3's that I plug in at each end of the counter, and I have a Sonos Move and a Play One on the other side of the deck for awesome tunes when outside.

The faucet box is ready. The beer shank and faucet will be installed this weekend.

1653775380886.png

It's coming together....

View attachment 9574
So when you find me out there one morning with my head propped up under that thing, will you please change the keg if it's empty?
Nice work. Another great addition to that amazing outdoor kitchen

I picked up a cheap chest freezer from Lowe's (amazing it was in stock) and built a 2x6 wooden collar for it so I could drill holes for the beer shank, Johnson temp controller probe, and CO2 line. Still gotta clean up the caulk. Picked up a 1/6 keg of Karbach's Love Street Citrus and now it it settling after transport till tomorrow. Still gotta hook up my my keg coupler, beer line, and CO2 line. Beer will be flowing tomorrow.

1654390227844.png

Latest Discussions

Back