Organization & Storage

fourboysBBQ

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Greetings, all! I’ve been a long-time reader here on the forum and have appreciated so much of the advice I’ve found here…what a cool community to be a part of! I’m hoping you guys might can help me again!

Over the years I’ve accumulated quite a bit related to outdoor cooking. I keep everything (including my Ironwood) stored in a small corner of our garage, but with 4 boys and lots of toys it seems my food prep space is always being overrun. Who am I kidding…I’ve got just as much stuff as they do and I’m looking for the best way to store and organize all of it. This would include utensils, FireBoards/probes/pens etc, serving platters, knives, cooking tools, pellets, cleaning supplies, propane tanks, coolers, Loco cooker, you get the idea…just a bunch of stuff and I’d love to hear any tips you might have for easy storage/organization.

Pictures of your set up would be a plus! Thanks so much in advance!

DW

I bought a two layer outdoor table on Amazon for 100ish bucks. I keep it in the back yard by the smoker and put my stuff (excluding pellets, I keep them in a food safe bucket indoors) on the bottom layer. I bought a heavy duty tarp and when I’m done I set the tarp on top of the table, with all my equipment on the bottom layer of the table. I hope to be back later to get you a photo.

As for pellets, I went to scheeles and bought some food safe buckets for 8 bucks each. Traeger sells the really space efficient buckets that cost thirty bucks a pop. I don’t think it’s worth it, but it take up a tiny footprint, so If space is a huge issue, it might be worth it for you.

Hope this helps at least a little!

I will just share what I do, its not fancy, but it works. I have a dedicated BBQ metal shelf system , purchased at HD, a fairly sturdy one with 5 shelves and its large enough for everything. Its in my garage, and its in a dedicated place where nobody is allowed to touch it, haha. I use many individual and different size clear plastic bins, clearly labeled and visible . I label the shelf location where that bin goes. My bin examples are pellets, more pellets, meat probes, external thermometers, wood chips, more chips, utensils, smoke tubes, hot gloves, clean up, towels, etc etc.. Its simple, but effective for a quick organization. The key is to not ever allow non BBQ items to be introduced onto this shelf, otherwise your organization is not optimised.

I got this. Very reasonable price and stands up to the outdoors. Cover is separate but it's made to fit. I knocked it together in about 90 minutes including some assembly error that needed correcting.

Attachments

• IMG_20211120_155138.jpg
    IMG_20211120_155138.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20211120_155419.jpg
    IMG_20211120_155419.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 147
I got this. Very reasonable price and stands up to the outdoors. Cover is separate but it's made to fit. I knocked it together in about 90 minutes including some assembly error that needed correcting.
Where did you get it?

I bought it from WallyWorld on line. It's available on other web sites as well but they had the best price and the cover too. Stainless table top.

I got the black one. Apparently it's out of stock. Brown only available.

Last edited:
When I built my outdoor kitchen, I made the cabinets under the counter top specific widths to accommodate grates, resting coolers, and gasketed bins to hold "stuff" and BBQ gadgets. Biggest problem is keeping SWMBO from commandeering space. :ROFLMAO:

1638491008387-png.7791

When I built my outdoor kitchen, I made the cabinets under the counter top specific widths to accommodate grates, resting coolers, and gasketed bins to hold "stuff" and BBQ gadgets. Biggest problem is keeping SWMBO from commandeering space. :ROFLMAO:

1638491008387-png.7791
Let’s see some more angles. Where’s the cookers at?

Back