NO Ignition on my Pro 575

wkpitch

Reaction score
Grill
pro 575
I've had my Pro 575 for about a year, it seemed to be getting slower and slower to ignite. Initially I would get error messages but eventually it would lite off. After a while it just stopped igniting completely.
Contacted Traeger, they walked me through a couple of obvious items. After clearing error messages, it still wouldn't lite off. CS said it was probably a bad ignition hot rod and they would send me a replacement along with a new burner pot. 3 weeks later it still hasn't arrived, I got impatient and ordered a new ignition hot rod from Amazon - came the next day! I installed the new hot rod, no ignition. Watched a u-tube video that suggested sticking the rod 3/8" to 1/2" into the pot instead of the 4mm Traeger spec'd out. This didn't work either.
I put the temp probe directly into the burner pot and re-started the grill.
The temp probe never registered over 190 degrees - that's not going to ignite anything....
Any Suggestions??

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I had the exact same problem, the replacement FirePot/Hotrod assembly fixed it. The Hotrod was pre-installed. Wait on the new assembly I'd say.

OP
OP
W

wkpitch

Reaction score
Grill
pro 575
I had the exact same problem, the replacement FirePot/Hotrod assembly fixed it. The Hotrod was pre-installed. Wait on the new assembly I'd say.
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll call Traeger and see if I can "lite a fire" and get my parts!

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
It took them 30 days to send me a new rtd because they were out of stock. They sent me a new controller it took 2 days. Call them.

Latest Discussions