Merry Christmas to me

I can’t wait to see the live FireBoard feed on this!! Congratulations Jake!!!

Yes, BBQing.com.
They are in Gatineau

Congrats!! A friend of mine has a Yoder that she uses for competing in the Kansas City Royal. She loves it and has made some fairly highly ranked entries.

Hope you enjoy!

Wow and they ship to B.C. Awesome!
Yeah, they ship across Canada. I also save on the provincial sales tax. They don't have a store front in BC and aren't liable to collect the sales tax for our province. There are a couple dealers in BC, same price but another 7% tax added.
Bad enough the dollar exchange from the US adds 30%+ to the price from what is paid south of the border

Now, how do I explain the new arrival and the credit card statement when they show up becomes the next hurdle.
Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission in most cases.😁
RustyJake

Easy solution I use (with limited success). Put a ribbon on it and tell her to enjoy her new gift. Even better if at a birthday, anniversary, or holiday.

I finally clicked the 'check out' button 🙂👍
View attachment 7787
RustyJake

Very happy for you. You might be the first on this forum to move "up" to a Yoder.

We expect pictures when it is set up and the first few smokes. We will enjoy your new smoker with you virtually. Remember to add a bow to the box and a nice card with your wife's name on the card. You will get credit for giving her a nice present versus spending money on yourself without prior approval. :ROFLMAO:

RustyJake

Very happy for you. You might be the first on this forum to move "up" to a Yoder.

We expect pictures when it is set up and the first few smokes. We will enjoy your new smoker with you virtually. Remember to add a bow to the box and a nice card with your wife's name on the card. You will get credit for giving her a nice present versus spending money on yourself without prior approval. :ROFLMAO:
Definitely will do some pictures and some honest comparisons. I don't plan on leaving this forum....too many good people here and lots of information.

I am still hoping it is delivered before the end of the week
Screenshot_20211220-100601_Samsung Internet.jpg

Highway closures, conditions and weather delays seem to be working against me.

Slow boat?
Yeah, apparently 'in stock' doesn't mean that it is sitting in Canada. It means the US warehouse has stock. It took till the 16th to get the the Canadian distribution facility and moved from there within a day. Got to Calgary without issue and that's where our transportation link breaks down. We lost our major highways in the flooding in November. Basically one road being used to transport goods (new route opened today).
I don't think it is over to the island yet, so still needs to be put on the slow boat.

Bump for first impressions review

Back