Lowest temp on the 575 Pro

Taz56

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger 575 Pro
Hello... I have been using Traeger Smokers for over 15 years but this is the first "digital" one I have bought.

On my old ones I have "smoke" and 120 as my lowest settings, is this one really 165 as the lowest setting it will go? And if not how the heck do I get it lower? Now really a "low and slow" cook at 165.

Thanks in advance.

jp9724

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Hello... I have been using Traeger Smokers for over 15 years but this is the first "digital" one I have bought.

On my old ones I have "smoke" and 120 as my lowest settings, is this one really 165 as the lowest setting it will go? And if not how the heck do I get it lower? Now really a "low and slow" cook at 165.

Thanks in advance.

i bet you're thinking 165 C, the digital gauge reads in F... this the case?

OP
OP
T

Taz56

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger 575 Pro
Nope.... 165F is the lowest it will go..... My old one had "Smoke" and "120".......

I posted this to two forums, on another forum I was told that "smoke" is no longer an option on the 575 and I was not doing anything wrong.

jp9724

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
120? really? that is low... yup the new models/generations cant go that low...yet..
not sure why not, maybe the brush-less motor doesn't like moving that slow?
But yes the "Smoke" setting on the new Pro series is the temp range of 165-220. So anywhere in that range, youll get optimum smoke. So no you're not doing anything wrong!
If you wanted a button for Smoke, you'd need to get an ironwood or timberline and still set to the same temperature but you would have the super smoke button.

OP
OP
T

Taz56

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger 575 Pro
All good I will use 165 :) Just was surprised is all........ This is what I was referring to on my old one.....

Last edited:

Latest Discussions