Help! Looking to Purchase.. reading too much

Ironwood 885 purchased and will get delivered 12/23. Now to figure out Pellets and what to try making first

Ironwood 885 purchased and will get delivered 12/23. Now to figure out Pellets and what to try making first
Whole chickens are a good first cook.....or was for me.

Pellet choice is often based on the planned cook. However, if you get once of the signature or competition blends, it normally is suitable for most anything. Thus, I would suggest you try one of those first.

BTW: Although Traeger highly recommends use of their own brand of pellets, the grill should work just fine with nearly any brand of pellets. You will find that many of use tend to use other brands. My favorites are Bear Mountain and Lumber Jack, but I have used a variety of other pellets as well, including Traeger pellets. Pit Boss pellets, Kingsford pellets, and Expert Grill pellets from Walmart.

Pellet choice is often based on the planned cook. However, if you get once of the signature or competition blends, it normally is suitable for most anything. Thus, I would suggest you try one of those first.

BTW: Although Traeger highly recommends use of their own brand of pellets, the grill should work just fine with nearly any brand of pellets. You will find that many of use tend to use other brands. My favorites are Bear Mountain and Lumber Jack, but I have used a variety of other pellets as well, including Traeger pellets. Pit Boss pellets, Kingsford pellets, and Expert Grill pellets from Walmart.
I pretty much only burn Bear Mountain since the local Tractor Supply carries them

I get a 10% lifetime discount on pellets at the Ace I purchased from

I get a 10% lifetime discount on pellets at the Ace I purchased from
Sounds like a good deal. Which brands do they sale?

Sounds like a good deal. Which brands do they sale?

It might not be as good a deal as you think unless you frequently visit an Ace location. Traeger pellets will be similar in price no matter where you purchase them, so with the Ace discount, they are a great option.

If you check out local big box hardware stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, Farm and Fleet, etc. you might find other brands at better prices that you might prefer. You just have to try several brands to see what you like best.

Agreed Ray, Ace is a mile from my house hand Home Depot is close too Menards Lowe's and Farm and Fleet are a bit further

It might not be as good a deal as you think unless you frequently visit an Ace location. Traeger pellets will be similar in price no matter where you purchase them, so with the Ace discount, they are a great option.

If you check out local big box hardware stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, Farm and Fleet, etc. you might find other brands at better prices that you might prefer. You just have to try several brands to see what you like best.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. If it’s for example 10% off Traegers pellets that means it’s still twice as much as what I get Bear Mountain for.

But if OP ends up having good success with Traeger pellets and it’s a mile away then good deal for him

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. If it’s for example 10% off Traegers pellets that means it’s still twice as much as what I get Bear Mountain for.

But if OP ends up having good success with Traeger pellets and it’s a mile away then good deal for him
next time i am in the Store I will check, but I believe it is 10% all wood fire pellets, not just Traeger brand.

next time i am in the Store I will check, but I believe it is 10% all wood fire pellets, not just Traeger brand.
Sorry......it probably is. I just was using Traeger as an example.

Congrats on the grill. You'll love the ease of the slow and low cook. Checkout Furtado pellets, but not always available in all areas as they are Canadian...Eh.

Sorry......it probably is. I just was using Traeger as an example.
All good..
Congrats on the grill. You'll love the ease of the slow and low cook. Checkout Furtado pellets, but not always available in all areas as they are Canadian...Eh.
Will check those out.

For cooking I need to start simple.

Back