How to cook a 12 pound roast on my Traeger

Dan

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger 780
I bought a 12 poundNew York roast how do I cook that on my Traeger, and approximately how long will it take thank you

Welcome! First off how do you want to cook it? Do you want to smoke it low n slow or cook it with less smoke flavour at a higher temp? Also what internal temp are you looking for? Worst case I would say 4 to5 hours. Need to nail down the variables in order to suggest time and temp.

Welcome! First off how do you want to cook it? Do you want to smoke it low n slow or cook it with less smoke flavour at a higher temp? Also what internal temp are you looking for? Worst case I would say 4 to5 hours. Need to nail down the variables in order to suggest time and temp.
First of all thank you for answering my question. I planned on brazing it for about 20 minutes on 450, then I was going to cook it at about 300 until I reached an internal temperature of 120

First of all thank you for answering my question. I planned on brazing it for about 20 minutes on 450, then I was going to cook it at about 300 until I reached an internal temperature of 120
Nice, I would say about 2 to 2.5 hours depending on ambient temps. Enjoy!

Latest Discussions

Back