Hot Rod on even with unit switched off

4Dogs

Reaction score
Grill
Lil Tex Elite
Anyone have this situation? I worked with Traeger support and they sold me a new Hot Rod that I just installed and it stays on even after the unit powered off. I start in Smoke mode...works fine, then change to Shutdown mode, that runs for 10 minutes and everything stops running except the hot rod. I have all my grills and heat shields out and monitored. Anyone have any info or similar situation?

6 months ago I replaced the Temp Controller and now the hot rod...I love the unit but worried.

If the hot rod remains on, replace the controller, can't be anything else. Electronics fail, sometimes quickly.

If the hot rod remains on, replace the controller, can't be anything else. Electronics fail, sometimes quickly.
Yeah I agree, only two items possible - just unfortunate that a $120 controller needs to be replaced twice in a year. - I will let the group know if that fixes it.

Yeah I agree, only two items possible - just unfortunate that a $120 controller needs to be replaced twice in a year. - I will let the group know if that fixes it.
What's the warranty on the controller? At 6 months I'd think it'd be covered?

Back