Help! Android

WOW... something has got to go "BACK"

Only one point, the signal strength is -60db which is low, probably OK once up and running but may cause fail in setup. It's trying to download software and then dies.

I have an AP close so I see a -25db signal. Other than trying with a very strong signal, I'd say a new controller is needed, or return grill etc.

That's my 2 cents.

Only one point, the signal strength is -60db which is low, probably OK once up and running but may cause fail in setup. It's trying to download software and then dies.

I have an AP close so I see a -25db signal. Other than trying with a very strong signal, I'd say a new controller is needed, or return grill etc.

That's my 2 cents.
Thank you for the input. The router/wifi is only 5' from the grill. with a standard wood framed wall with vinyl siding between.

UPDATE!
OK all after much deliberating, I returned the 575 to my local HD who now had a few in stock. (I drove an hour for the last one) I have returned home with a second 575. This unit linked up and promptly gave me a new statement. It said "Downloading File"! Yea! Im still hooked up and now have on my phone, ongoing status reports.
So, It turned out that I had a defective unit.
Ill leave it on as prompted during the update process.
Thanks for the help !

Awesome news! BTW what is your new grill showing for signal strength?

Your model grill has its antenna behind the face of the controller so having the grill face the WiFi router should yield the strongest signal.

That's good to know thank you, the new one is bouncing around between 50 and 55 decibels. My Wi-Fi is very close it's just under the five foot Mark but it's behind it.

Make sure your FIRMWARE is 02.01.03
I didn't even use mine till it was....
Config version (04.016) took 2 weeks+ for mine to update but that's not as big a deal as the firmware.

Make sure your FIRMWARE is 02.01.03
I didn't even use mine till it was....
Config version (04.016) took 2 weeks+ for mine to update but that's not as big a deal as the firmware.
Firmware is 02.01.03
Config is 04.015

Firmware is 02.01.03
Config is 04.015

(y) (y) good to go... that 5 will turn into a 6 eventually... cook away but keep you rig in sleep mode
Glad you got it all worked out

Firmware is 02.01.03
Config is 04.015

There were 2 things that got me past the problems connecting via wifi:
  • Nowhere in the instructions (including on Traeger's site) does it mention how to refresh the connection settings. I only learned this from the "tech" support person. To start fresh, go to Menu>settings>about grill. Hold the Ignite button for 15 seconds. You won't see any changes, but can start over to connect your grill via wifi.
  • Before selecting the "join" that comes after the 2D bar code is read, get within a few feet of your router. Standing beside your grill and selecting "join" will probably not work well (that may have been my problem).

Back