Has anyone been able to finish the Wifire app

Beaser

Active member
Joined
Jun 30, 2019
Messages
141
Reaction score
30
Points
28
Location
Barrie Ontario
Grill
Ironwood 650
I and others have been able to connect to our networks but not able to finish the app. This seems to allow firmware updates.
Could we share info on
  1. Who was able to get on the home network and gain access to firmware updates. Many may not realise that they are on their network because they weren't able to finish the app.
  2. was able to complete the app to it's conclusion (I can't get past the nickname)
  3. does anyone have fully operational wifi if so what o/s android or ios?
If we keep it simple and not digress we may be able to better understand the situation. Any answers we get from Traeger depend on which way the wind blows.
 
As I just updated on another post, I am now connected having experienced exactly the same. Controller number three with same firmware (01.00.10) as controller no 2 and it connected immediately and updated to 01.01.04.
So, it is not 100% reliant on the indicated firmware, there is some combination of older firmware and/or controller hardware.
 
I'm running android
I and others have been able to connect to our networks but not able to finish the app. This seems to allow firmware updates.
Could we share info on
  1. Who was able to get on the home network and gain access to firmware updates. Many may not realise that they are on their network because they weren't able to finish the app.
  2. was able to complete the app to it's conclusion (I can't get past the nickname)
  3. does anyone have fully operational wifi if so what o/s android or ios?
If we keep it simple and not digress we may be able to better understand the situation. Any answers we get from Traeger depend on which way the wind blows.

I'm running android 9.1 and iOS 12 on iPad. I was able to connect back in April after a few tries but I found the iOS connected easier and then once the iPad connected the android connected right away and both have been fully functional since mid April. The functionally has been good at home via wifi as well as via cellular when at my buddies place. No issues with updates. I wish they would allow you turn turn the app in landscape mode.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20190820-123355_Traeger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190820-123355_Traeger.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 96
I received a replacement controller that was an ironwood 650 replacement. It had an older version of firmware (1.00.10 ) than the original one had that would not let me past the nickname.

1. New controller connected to router, found grill, and within 15 minutes I had the latest version of firmware

2. I was able to finish the app nicknaming the grill and have had no issues since.

3. I now have full control via wifi and outside the house on cellular. I am using IOS. The only issue I have is the timer does not work. when I se the timer for say 20 minutes it goes to random times like 40 minutes after I hit submit. If I set the time manually on the grill it does not reflect accurately in the app. Everything else works fine.
 
I have an iPhone 8. No issues with the app or my Ironwood 885. I have a LinkSys Velops Mesh and I'm a network geek from another life.

I must say, it's cool to check on your Traeger from Lowe's or the grocery store and then bump temps if you desire.
 
Mine has connected and is working fine with iPhone. Mine shows version .01.01.04.
 
Ok I finally reached the people that could straighten out my UUID so it matches the replacement controller on my file at Traeger. Hopefully I can connect and complete the app using my daughters I phone . I should be able to carry on with my Android after the pairing.
 
Ok I finally reached the people that could straighten out my UUID so it matches the replacement controller on my file at Traeger. Hopefully I can connect and complete the app using my daughters I phone . I should be able to carry on with my Android after the pairing.

Good luck, hope this finally cures for you. FYI when my 3rd controller resolved the issue, CS were not involved at all, for me at least it was the cured solely by the new controller with older! firmware.
 
I was finally able to complete the app with my daughter's I Phone. I am now able to communicate using my android cel phone. I wasted more than a month talking to people that were not qualified. They seemed more interested in getting a gold star from the post call survey than solving the issues. Things turned around this past week. I'm surprised that senior management allowed this cluster flop to happen. A thorough R&D followed by a field test using select participants should have been employed. Too many parts going out the door for no good reason and the most important, there was no real attempt to isolate the issues and train their service reps properly so they could all be on the same page.
I'd like Traeger to be around in 5 years, I really like their product.

Thanks to CampWhatnot, PKitch, B4tn for sharing solid info
 
I was finally able to complete the app with my daughter's I Phone. I am now able to communicate using my android cel phone. I wasted more than a month talking to people that were not qualified. They seemed more interested in getting a gold star from the post call survey than solving the issues. Things turned around this past week. I'm surprised that senior management allowed this cluster flop to happen. A thorough R&D followed by a field test using select participants should have been employed. Too many parts going out the door for no good reason and the most important, there was no real attempt to isolate the issues and train their service reps properly so they could all be on the same page.
I'd like Traeger to be around in 5 years, I really like their product.

Thanks to CampWhatnot, PKitch, B4tn for sharing solid info

Glad you got it working! Well done! Enjoy!
 
Back
Top