Eabernathy1

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Looking to sell my timberline 850

Bought in August 2021
Traeger cover
2 Traeger pellet bins

Have no issues with the grill, other than it doesn’t put out the flavor I’m looking for. I’m going back to my Weber Smokey mountain.

Serious inquiries only as I have about $1850 invested. It’s in pristine condition as I’ve cleaned inside and out after every cook.

Make me an offer

I felt the same way, having used the WSM for years. But once I started using smoke tubes filled with wood chips, I have the same (if not better) smoke flavor on my Traeger. You can get there on the Traeger, it's just a different method. Now I won't be going back to the WSM. The Traeger is just so much easier to maintain temps and clean up. Just some thoughts if you don't sell it. : )
Hope you find what works best for you.

Why wood chips instead of pellets in the smoke tube? And more than one smoke tube?

Why wood chips instead of pellets in the smoke tube? And more than one smoke tube?
Because real wood smoke produces more of a real wood profile

I've picked up two smoke tubes and on Christmas I am smoking my 1st brisket on my new Pro 575. I've done a lot on my Masterbuilt Pro, the Traeger seems to be better at holding temp and since this brisket will take about 20 hours I'm hoping get in a couple of naps.

You will notice the difference in the quality of the smoke. It's like using wood chunks in your WSM. The chips are small, but it's the same thing.

Yes, I use 2 of the 12" A-Maze-N smoke tubes. They will last 3 -4 hours and the smoke is very nice. I sometimes throw in a Hickory MojoBrick because I have some on hand. It adds a bit more smoke and another dimension to the flavor. We're all experimenting, right?

You have to pack down the chips in the smoke tube to get it to go 3-4 hours. I put just a few pellets in to fill in the gaps.

Good luck with yer smokin'....

Here is a couple of links if you are interested...

A-Maze-N Smoke tube...

MojoBricks...

Last edited:
Back