First Post - Just got my first Traeger, a restoration project on maybe a Pro 32?

SteveSavarese

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 32 - Older one, unknown year
I just got this Traeger. It looks like an earlier Pro 32, but I can't see a serial number/model number, and it doesnt match anything I can find online.

It works, but needs new legs and a big clean. I plan to clean it up (I don't have time to repaint etc now, so will degrease/wash and install custom legs, then use it until life gives me time to wirebrush/sand the outside back and repaint)

1) Anyone know what model it is? Pro 32 ... but maybe 10+ years old?
2) Am I better sticking with the original controller that doesnt have meat probes, or upgrading to an aliexpress generic controller with dual probes (as I cannot afford a genuine Traeger Pro dual meat probe controller)

Thank you,

Anyway of telling if the legs were welded to the grill Vs bolted?

In regards to the controller you might consider and I highly recommend Smoke by Thermoworks. It’s a Wireless Receiver with 300 ft Range and is Dual Channel. It comes with 2 probes. 1 meat probe and 1 ambient probe. There are other reputable companies out there like the Smoke that provides fairly accurate readings. Unfortunately the Traeger Controller dual probes are notorious for being inaccurate...

Looking forward to following your “project” grill!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Lift the lid of the pellet hopper and see if there isn't a sticker on the inside that has the model number. My old Texas still has the identification sticker that is still legible. I still use my original controller, but I also use an additional probe for my protein temp. FieldMedic has the right idea if the old controller has problems.

Latest Discussions

Back