Fan not working on Timberline 850 (gen 1)

DomBuxton

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Hi all,
I've been having some problems with my Traeger recently. It was struggling to ignite and then when it did light, it would often go out. No error messages or anything. I assumed it was the hot rod. I got in touch with Traeger who have been awesome with their help, but still not go to the bottom of it. The grill is old, so well out of warranty.

I sent the controller unit back to them as I couldn't connect to the wifi or app. That is now sorted, but the grill still isn't working. I think instead of the hotrod, it's actually the fan not working. I can't hear it (or see it from underneath) spinning at all. The grill goes past the ignite phase and into the pre heat phase and the fan doesn't spin once. Is there a way I can test whether it is the fan itself or the electrical connections to the fan?

Also, does anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement? I'm in the UK.

Kind regards,
Dom

Check with a Traeger dealer in the UK. If they do not stock the fans, they can probably get one.

Here in the States, there are lots of places like Amazon that carry replacement parts, but I do not know whether Amazon UK does. Just make sure you get the right replacement fan for your grill.

Latest Discussions

Back