Pork Dry Pork Problems

I had the same problem with the 3-2-1 method. This was my reaction with positive results. I monitor the temperature instead of using the timelines of a recipe. Every time I followed a recipe timeline, the results were not that good. I use the traeger probe to roughly keep tabs on the temp. When I must leave the house. I purchased a wireless thermo pro thermometer. They are pretty cheap and work well. The thermo pro wireless only works on WiFi but it it dead on the temp. I also purchased an instant read temp probe. Saying all that, I think that once you use the probes a few times and write down the times you will eventually establish times that work for your grill and you. Note: I have a Silverton 810 from Costco. Additionally, I started out with the wireless setup with one probe, I have it for 2 years with no issues. I graduated recently to the 4 probe setup. Some of the name brand probes are really expensive so I tried the thermo pro with good success. I am not endorsing the brand. I’m just trying to tell you my experience so if you need to save some cash. They are a option. Good luck.
I dont ever temp my ribs. Doing the 321 method, mine are usually done after the wrap. Most times they start falling apart before i sauce them and i have a hard time getting them back on the grill without them falling apart.

Interesting suggestion. Fingers crossed. I live in Ontario Canada so I wonder if the cold whether would cause any issues?
I'm in the west coast but from what I have read the 780 is the best insulated grill for cooking in cold temps. Gasket sure is good. But even in this 40-50 degree "warm" weather I still get temp fluxs with this thing.

Hi everyone, the bottom line is this. Get a thermopro or similar electronic temperature unit for the inside temperature of the grill then get a thermopro or similar electronic unit gor the meat probe as well. This removes the temperature variables of the Traeger from your cooking. Then your recipes should be fine as written. For whatever reason Traeger doesn't adjust well to temperature and it's calibracion loses its memory. I guarantee this will solve people's problems and give you peace of mind. It certainly solved mine.
Yea but for the $$$ of a 780 sad to see people spending big bucks on temp probes. Man pay big $$$$ and then get a fireboard too? Lil rich for me.

Most times they start falling apart before i sauce them and i have a hard time getting them back on the grill without them falling apart.
Exactly!!!!

I dont ever temp my ribs. Doing the 321 method, mine are usually done after the wrap. Most times they start falling apart before i sauce them and i have a hard time getting them back on the grill without them falling apart.
I also wrap my ribs meat side up.

Yea but for the $$$ of a 780 sad to see people spending big bucks on temp probes. Man pay big $$$$ and then get a fireboard too? Lil rich for me.

It's very very multi purpose tho and you probably get more value for your buck with a FireBoard than the Traeger itself...

Do you buy a STOCK vehicle and never buy "better than stock" parts for it???
Of course not, so a FireBoard is like putting "lifetime" brake pads on your vehicle... Wait for one of the big sales and it's a WIN WIN....

I spent $$$ just like everyone did but I never even took the Traeger meat probe out of the plastic bag... WHY? cuz I knew it was $|-|IT.
I love the Traeger I got, but it didn't have to be everything I hoped for, in fact I'm glad it wasn't so I could have a HELLA nice set of top temp probes to help me get the BEST outta all my cooks.

It's very very multi purpose tho and you probably get more value for your buck with a FireBoard than the Traeger itself...

Do you buy a STOCK vehicle and never buy "better than stock" parts for it???
Of course not, so a FireBoard is like putting "lifetime" brake pads on your vehicle... Wait for one of the big sales and it's a WIN WIN....

I spent $$$ just like everyone did but I never even took the Traeger meat probe out of the plastic bag... WHY? cuz I knew it was $|-|IT.
I love the Traeger I got, but it didn't have to be everything I hoped for, in fact I'm glad it wasn't so I could have a HELLA nice set of top temp probes to help me get the BEST outta all my cooks.
I agree, its a great addition or upgrade. Lots of us update or upgrade from what we originally purchased. Should we have to...no, but we do it because we want it better than we got it if the options are there
I use my Fireboard when I am cooking in the oven. It isn't attached to the grill, so I can use it on my other grills as well. So it isn't one dimensional

Latest Discussions

Back