Drip Bucket - Ironwood 885

Tdeklavs1

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I have a new Ironwood 885 and had a pro 780 for 5 or 6 years. AFter first few cooks I had a lot of drippings similar to the pro 780 in my drip bucket. Since then I have cooked 20-30 times and have had zero in the drip bucket. Also seems like I have to change out my drip pan foil more frequently. A lot of drippings gather and causes an very nasty smoke. Anyone have experience with this and what may be causing this issue?

It all depends on the fat content of the meat you are cooking and how long you cook it.

Make sure you clean out the collection area of the Traeger with a putty knife on a regular basis otherwise it will collect and cause a fire on hot cook.

It all depends on the fat content of the meat you are cooking and how long you cook it.

Make sure you clean out the collection area of the Traeger with a putty knife on a regular basis otherwise it will collect and cause a fire on hot cook.
cooking just about everything with a lot of fat content. Nothing is even making it to the collection area.

Check to make sure the Ironwood is level. I'd then poor some water on the drip pan to see if it pools or heads to the bucket.

Also, the Costco Olive jars work great at keeping the bucket clean and make for easy peasy disposal of the grease.

Latest Discussions

Back