Deep Maintenance

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Is there any info on how and what should be done for maintenance on items that we normally don't regularly maintain or that Traeger advises to maintain? I'm not wording it well, but for example "inspect, clean, lubricate auger" Just wondering if there is more involved maintenance I can or should do for longevity of the grill.

p.s. I know there is no need to lubricate auger, it was a made up example

Your unit is a much later model than mine, but they all are similar in design. I vacuum mine inside after each cook and keep the thermocouple clean. I see you live in GA so you might have more humidity problems than I do in CO. I keep mine covered and dry between smokes and have not had any problems. I stick my vacuum up under the pellet feeder on occasion in case the blower fan picked up a leaf or something, but that is about it. Have some good smokes and enjoy your Pro.

Once a year, perhaps either late fall or early spring, you might want to do some extra cleaning on the inside of the grill chamber to remove excess build-up. However, do not overclean as the coating on the grill protects the metal from corrosion and also adds to the flavor profile you get from the grill.

Sounds like I am A-Okay. I've seen that Ace Video before and adhere to much of what is proposed.

Back