Cooking ribs and chicken

dmlappert

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
Anyone have an idea on cooking chicken and ribs... temps and times are quite different, but I'd like them to finish together...

I've been looking into both the meater and meatstick. Unfortunately both have a very high percentage of negative reviews.. concerns me greatly. So holding off a purchase of either one. The bigger issue is resolving the difference in cooking temps.

Understood. There are others of course. Re cooking times: Well as a ex professional in restaurants and in Hotels I would say it is the same principle.
The food with the longest cooking time goes first followed by the food that takes the second longest, etc. If you are not sure, the are cooking time charts with very general temps, hrs.

Understood. There are others of course. Re cooking times: Well as a ex professional in restaurants and in Hotels I would say it is the same principle.
The food with the longest cooking time goes first followed by the food that takes the second longest, etc. If you are not sure, the are cooking time charts with very general temps, hrs.
Thanks for the recommendation...

One more thought:
When I get my baby the first thing I am going to do is do a temp test.
The second is spend some money on the main types of food from my butcher, fish and bird shop of trust I will be cooking and time the cooking time for each food category and type, Leg, breast of a bird, beef rib, Brisket, etc, porc loin racks, etc. to get to perfect internal. That way I know when I have to start what so as to finish +/- at the same time.
The same procedure applies to veg. After a while you will get the "feel", but to start out with a new oven, cooking hub whatever it is a good idea to get those experiences.

Latest Discussions

Back