Cooking in rain/snow

Roastlamb

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’m planning on cooking some ribs today but there is quite a bit of rain/wet snow in Alberta. Do you think it will be ok as long as the power cable and extension lead are covered? I’ve seen people in the UK and Belgium cooking in lots of rain and it seems just fine.

Cheers!

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
I've cooked in the snow before with out issue. I would try to keep the hopper face were the controller is mounted dry, so water doesn't creep in behind the controller.

Slimpicker

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
Besides, it don't rain in Europe, that's just the ocean taking a piss on them!!!! 🤫🤫🤫

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
Europe???!!!🤣🤣🤣

RustyJake

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Alberta....just wait 20 minutes and you'll be in a completely different weather system.
You guys can have all 4 seasons in a matter of hours.

RoadRunner18

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300; Pitts and Spitts Maverick 2000
I have a Timberline 1300 and I cook out 3-4 times a week in all types of weather. Never a problem so far. However, the Timberline is double walled and does a good job of keeping the heat in and the cold out. If your cooker isn't double walled, you may want to pick up a welders blanket or a blanket made by Traeger specifically for your cooker if one is available. That will give you the ability to cook in all sorts of weather. Be careful around the electrical cord!

Latest Discussions