Cleaning your Traeger

isaiahfranco

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
I just found this video done by Ace Hardware on cleaning and caring for your Traeger. Not the highest production quality but he does do a solid job explaining how to clean your grill and care for it. Give it a watch!

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I just found this video done by Ace Hardware on cleaning and caring for your Traeger. Not the highest production quality but he does do a solid job explaining how to clean your grill and care for it. Give it a watch!

I use the traeger cleaner and it’s great, I even use it on my stove top because it’s so good at getting grime off.

Ek575

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I can't get the Traeger cleaner where I am. Is there anything else that folk recommend for cleaning? Want to make sure whatever I use doesn't contribute to rust

Rodney007

Reaction score
Grill
PRO 780
Great vid.. I personally clean it prior to every cook to a certain degree (grill clean, vacuum etc)

SmokeyT

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
After every cook I change foil on drip tray and replace and vacuum out fire pot and any remaining ash in bottom and alone sides. Degreaser/Cleaner is a NO NO!!!

Rodney007

Reaction score
Grill
PRO 780
After every cook I change foil on drip tray and replace and vacuum out fire pot and any remaining ash in bottom and alone sides. Degreaser/Cleaner is a NO NO!!!

I use a food grade/safe bbq cleaning spray and wipes.. whats the issue?

fairyson

Reaction score
The vacuum cleaner rating may point the client a specific way however at long last, it is the choice of the individual. This must be founded on the requirements of the individual, for example, where it will be utilized should this be for the vehicle or the sort of ground surface in the home.

Slimpicker

Ol' Timer BBQer
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
I use a food grade/safe bbq cleaning spray and wipes.. whats the issue?

I agree, I already did a review on SimpleGreen BBQ spray and it worked great with no residue or after smell on next startup

traeger860

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22, Traeger Ironwood 650, Weber Genesis, Anova Precision Cooker
I just tried CitruSafe BBQ and Grill Cleaner from Home Depot. It was OK, but I liked the SimpleGreen BBQ Spray a lot better.

Slimpicker

Ol' Timer BBQer
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
I just tried CitruSafe BBQ and Grill Cleaner from Home Depot. It was OK, but I liked the SimpleGreen BBQ Spray a lot better.

I saw that stuff... almost bought 1 but this SimpleGreen worked perfect so I figured I'll just become a regular user...

John S.

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
I was using dawn and elbow grease then simple green spray with elbow grease and it worked fairly well. However I just bought a bottle of Traeger grill cleaner and this stuff is amazing. Spray it on, wipe it off ... the grease and residue just drips off.
just like most traeger products it is a bit up on the price, but man oh man the quality is definitely there....

Latest Discussions