Century 34 issues

HeavyD

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Century 34 TFB88PLD
I've got a century 34 grill purchased at costco in May 2019 and the auger motor/assembly need to be replaced. Is this a common repair? Also the Traeger site has no support, videos, manuals for this grill...nothing other than a picture of it. I'd think that a $1200 grill would would run a bit longer than 4 months without any major repairs. Has anyone else had this issue with their Traeger?

Thanks for the options. I’ve emailed Traeger support and spoke with customer service They were supposed to email tech specs for my grill, but then said that something was wrong with the server and couldn’t get the info to me. All the videos on YouTube show different grills for instance just getting the hopper box off to access auger/motor is nothing like any of the the vids I’ve looked over. If anyone has the specs for the Century 34 grill I’d love to get them.

I've got a century 34 grill purchased at costco in May 2019 and the auger motor/assembly need to be replaced. Is this a common repair? Also the Traeger site has no support, videos, manuals for this grill...nothing other than a picture of it. I'd think that a $1200 grill would would run a bit longer than 4 months without any major repairs. Has anyone else had this issue with their Traeger?

I have the same problem- used 3 times and auger motor is pooched- how the heck do you replace the motor- can’t find any instruction video for this midel

Sorry to hear about your grill and I feel your frustration. I attached what Traeger sent me, but I found that you can save a bunch of time and replace the auger drive motor by just just removing the grate and working from inside the compartment. Good luck!

Attachments

• Traeger - Auger replacement.png
    Traeger - Auger replacement.png
    819.7 KB · Views: 798
My biggest issue is the upper heat baffle and drip tray. They both bent after about 4 uses so I called support. They were very helpful and sent new ones. I made sure the fire pot was clean before starting and the new heat baffle bent when seasoning (1st use). The drip tray bent on the 2nd use. I wish I had kept the old ones as they were not as bent as the replacements. The bent drip tray causes grease to leak down into the barrel area. My theory is the warming oven on the bottom causes the unit to retain more heat than the unit is designed for. Unless they used cheaper parts in the Costco version? Did anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve it? If I get replacement parts, I may try leaving the warming oven door open when unit is on high.

Last edited:
I would like to get both sets of wheels to swivel instead of only one side. If anyone knows of a modification that can be done please share.

Back