Burned up fan..twice..

UFOGUY

Reaction score
So My Traeger has been acting weird. Instead of running fan after shutdown it just makes sound(as if it’s trying to run the fan but can’t..resulting in a humming sound) like it’s sending power but to a locked up motor. Later it wouldn’t turn on, checked the fuse it. It was blown. My BIG fan, burnt up. I removed and-replaced it. After one cook it, it blew the fuse. The New fan I just bought; burned up, again. After troubleshooting I notice when plugging in the fan would pop the fuse when applying power. Outside that controller never seems to work with or without hooked up to fan. If I turn it on with everything disconnected nothing happens. Only a glimpse of life until blowing fuse. I’m thinking controller but not sure. Any thoughts?

CampWhatnot

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650
First off is there 1 fuse for entire system or several fuses? I'm guessing 1 fuse for all but not positive. Which model? I'm trying to get a wiring diagram for my ironwood so I can troubleshoot mine in the future if I have any issues.

Is there anything impeading the fan blades as this could be 1 cause of the fan humming as well as a fuse blowing. When you say fan burnt up, do you mean the motor is fried or doesn't run or hum? Does the controller blow the fuse with all fans and devices unplugged? Have you verified the wiring to fans and other components isn't pinched or melted? If the fuse blows when the fans and components are unplugged then I would say controller. If not then be sure wiring is not pinched or melted. Fans humming could also be an issue of voltage from controller to fan being to low which would also point to the controller. Start with this and see where it takes you. My guess it pinched or melted wiring or controller. Try to check these items and let us know. Cheers.

Latest Discussions