Beef Jerky

I got a little shed out back and most of my accessories are stored there….
10 buckets and 12 bags plus Al -and Treager cleaner, rib rack, Al foil ect….

Attachments

• D7ED0B76-4453-4BA0-80E3-D31633F22B76.jpeg
    D7ED0B76-4453-4BA0-80E3-D31633F22B76.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 32
Timmy suggested a portable canopy to protect the grill. I am beginning to think that this may be good idea. Build a shed to hide all the gear and an extension to protect the grill. Or go whole hog like the GrillMeister and build a whole outdoor kitchen!

I must admit part of then fun is the endless ways to configure everything. The Traeger is jus the starting point!

Timmy suggested a portable canopy to protect the grill. I am beginning to think that this may be good idea. Build a shed to hide all the gear and an extension to protect the grill. Or go whole hog like the GrillMeister and build a whole outdoor kitchen!

I must admit part of then fun is the endless ways to configure everything. The Traeger is jus the starting point!
I bought a 'market tent' last year for mine. It worked well. Easy enough that one person could put it up or take it down in under 5 minutes
They work really well20200620_181054.jpg

Yeah, I’ve got so many accessories now that I’m looking for a rolling cart or similar to keep it all in. Found a decent tool cart at harbor freight 4’ wide 18” deep 37” tall, with shelves below and a wide drawer above, with a cutting board type top.

I bought a 'market tent' last year for mine. It worked well. Easy enough that one person could put it up or take it down in under 5 minutes
They work really wellView attachment 5856
Yep, that’s very similar to what I’m talking about.

Yep, that’s very similar to what I’m talking about.
There are better ones out there. I initially bought a better one. Set up and take down on the first one I got was a chore and needed two people. You could not do it alone.
This one is easier with 2 people, but with one person you can easily set it up or take it down in under 5 minutes. It stores in a nice bag that is wheels on it.
Now I am looking forward to my gazebo and I still have this as an option to increase my space if needed

Thank you for the information. I will take your advice and order the same equipment. I have never had dried meat before. On a trip to Australia, I was advised to take Bigwig Jerky on the road through bigwigjerky.com.au. I loved the taste. Now I want to try making something similar myself at home. I can experiment with the recipe. But the technique of drying meat is not always successful. But your video shows that buying such a machine is worth the investment. I wonder if you can smell the smoke?

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I will take your advice and order the same equipment. I have never had dried meat before. On a trip to Australia, I was advised to take Bigwig Jerky on the road through bigwigjerky.com.au. I loved the taste. Now I want to try making something similar myself at home. I can experiment with the recipe. But the technique of drying meat is not always successful. But your video shows that buying such a machine is worth the investment. I wonder if you can smell the smoke?
Never had dried meat? You should meet my mother in-law..... I kid.

Yes you can smell the smokey goodness!

What temperature do you use for jerkey ?

As low as your grill will go... I have the luxury of having a "stay warm" 165° setting on my 575 but I do jerky at about 180-190

Latest Discussions

Back