Anyone disappointed

OP
OP
F

Frank289

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 34
No apologies needed. No offense, but your first post, innocuous as it is, had many makings of a troll post and as a moderator, I was just checking to see if it was legit. We usually shut such negative posting down pretty quick as it brings nothing to the forum.

As it was pointed out, this is not a Traeger sponsored forum, but a grass roots effort to build a community of Traeger users to commiserate and share experiences. We are all glad to help out where we can.

My second Traeger was a Century 22 from Costco which I returned for a full refund 9 months later due to a lack of CS at Traeger. It was a lemon that would always throw a code on the smoke setting. Then the heat baffle warped and could not be put back in place, hence the return. I bought another Century 22 (new design) and it's been working great for a couple of years now.

I would push Home Depot to take it back even to the point of contesting the charge on the credit card. No one should have to deal with parts and labor to fix a defect in an $800 grill so early in the game.
Appreciate the No Offense. I suspected sponsor from the original response, but can see its genuine regarding trolls. I wish I went to Costco now, but they were out of stock and I wanted it "NOW", hence THD. And for the record, the cook is great, my kid uses his 5x a week and laughs at me because of "Dad Luck". Now that I have, or will be getting parts, hoping its done eating all electronics. Hoping you all have a great Thanksgiving.

GrillMeister

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
Appreciate the No Offense. I suspected sponsor from the original response, but can see its genuine regarding trolls. I wish I went to Costco now, but they were out of stock and I wanted it "NOW", hence THD. And for the record, the cook is great, my kid uses his 5x a week and laughs at me because of "Dad Luck". Now that I have, or will be getting parts, hoping its done eating all electronics. Hoping you all have a great Thanksgiving.

Welcome to the Traeger Forum. 🍻 Have a great turkey day too! 🦃

JPSBBQ

Reaction score
Grill
Ranger,Ironwood 885, Timberine 850 &1300
All pellet cookers are susceptible to these sorta failures. Lots of moving parts and electronics in an inhospitable atmosphere. While very frustrating for sure, please take solace in the fact it happens to every single manufacturer out there. Once you power through this PITA you should have years of enjoyment. Cheers!

midwest

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger 780
I used to work in the retail business, Lowes specifically. Most of these places have such a lax return policy that it is almost criminal. I am shocked they didn't return your grill for an exchange. If it was me, even with the new parts I would probably go talk to the manager and ask for an exchange, just in case you got a lemon. I can tell you countless stories about these stores taking back items they should not have. So the ones they should take care of shouldn't be an issue.

Latest Discussions