Any new features for 2021 for the Ironwood 885?

Nautilus

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am thinking of picking up an Ironwood 885 this year but I am curious if there are any new features for 2021? Does Traeger update their products on a yearly basis or does that only happen once every few years? Specifically I am wondering if they have made any changes to how well the lids fit? I've seen a few guys post that their lids leak a lot of heat and smoke. While I could just get a gasket to improve the seal like a few guys have done, I am wondering if Traeger has started doing that themselves?

No clue. If any, it will be on the WiFire app for it. I love my Ironwood 885!
does traeger sent over the air updates very often? when something new comes out, that's just software changes to improve things or add new features, do all the owners get the update or does it stay on only the newer grills? assuming all the hardware is the same.

does traeger sent over the air updates very often? when something new comes out, that's just software changes to improve things or add new features, do all the owners get the update or does it stay on only the newer grills? assuming all the hardware is the same.

They do, but since I only use the app to monitor cooks and manually adjust temps, it does not matter much.

I want the ability to smoke a brisket at 180 for 3 hours (most smoke and after 3 hours, meat won't take up much smoke) and then set to 225 till my target internal is 200. Why can't Traeger do something simple like that. My portable 12 volt DC GMG Davey Crocket will.

They do, but since I only use the app to monitor cooks and manually adjust temps, it does not matter much.

I want the ability to smoke a brisket at 180 for 3 hours (most smoke and after 3 hours, meat won't take up much smoke) and then set to 225 till my target internal is 200. Why can't Traeger do something simple like that. My portable 12 volt DC GMG Davey Crocket will.
seems that the changing temps based on internal temp should be a pretty simple thing to program at the app level. given all you can do with a thumb swipe on it right now.

seems that the changing temps based on internal temp should be a pretty simple thing to program at the app level. given all you can do with a thumb swipe on it right now.
One would think I wouldn’t be rocket science, but Traeger can’t make reliably accurate probes. So what good would it do even if they added this feature??

Although I've never used it, isn't that what the custom cook feature does? They even have a "beginners brisket' that cooks at165 for 3:30 hours then then ramps up to 225 until the probe hits 190 degrees.

Back