780 Insulation blanket

JHALT

Reaction score
Grill
pro 575 and 780
Is there a blanket for the 780 or will the Pro 34 fit?

Well I can tell you this. As a new owner of the pro 780 I also bought the insulated blanket. I go to install it tonight and it dont fit right. The front lower piece's hooks are all the way to the outsides and it sticks over the edge of the grill by about 1" inch on each side. So I can't hook the outer hooks without bunching it up and the grill won't close. Not too happy. It's going back.

Would this one fit? Two reviewers say it does, yet some in the Q&A say it wont:

https://www.amazon.com/BBQ-Butler-I...10&hvtargid=aud-829758849484:pla-833008125830

I was looking at that last night. The problem with the traeger cover is the hooks are all the way to the outside and wont hook on. If the hooks on this one are in a inch or two (like it shows in the pics) it should fit. Just sucks I have to take this back and order this one. Was hoping to use it this weekend...

I hate to say it again, but we saved $100 on our Pro 780 and use the welding blanket from Harbor Freight. Save the $100 for quality meat and meat church seasonings. I store it draped over the grill under the cover with no issues.

I hate to say it again, but we saved $100 on our Pro 780 and use the welding blanket from Harbor Freight. Save the $100 for quality meat and meat church seasonings. I store it draped over the grill under the cover with no issues.
U know... The more I think about it that's the route I'm goin. I'm usually a accessory freak but spending that money is pretty silly for something I'm only going to use once in awhile. This thing does hold heat pretty good and gets up to temp pretty good so for how much I'd use it, a blanket seems like the way to go. Thanks

Let me ask, did you just droup the blanket over the grill or did you get some magnets to hold it down?

Besides, I returned the cover and bought some football squares with half the ?. Lol

So far, we just fold it once and drape it over.

We bought the larger 6x8 I believe, so we fold it to 4x6 and drape it over. I drop the shelf when not using that, then it covers real well. And as mentioned, when not in use, I drape it over and put the cover on.

I am sure to leave the chimney exposed of course, and the pellet bin exposed, unless it's snowing hard. It covers the same surface area the factory blanket covers and more.

I can lift the lid to adjust or baste, or take it off and set it aside when putting meat on or taking off.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Is there a blanket for the 780 or will the Pro 34 fit?
Just go to a Harbor Freight/Lowes, etc and get a welding blanket. They work great and about $20 bucks, much cheaper than the Traeger.

Little late post but last Friday night I ran to harbor freight and picked up a 6x8 welding blanket. Folded in half fits really nice over the top of the grill. I ordered some magnets from Amazon. 50# little disk where I could change what screwed into them between a hook and a loop. Works real nice. And of courses it helpes. Get a nice smoke stain on the inside too. Don't care, it didn't cost me $150... IMG_20200111_123557862.jpgIMG_20200112_154250180.jpgIMG_20200112_154301302.jpgIMG_20200112_154307144.jpg

Little late post but last Friday night I ran to harbor freight and picked up a 6x8 welding blanket. Folded in half fits really nice over the top of the grill. I ordered some magnets from Amazon. 50# little disk where I could change what screwed into them between a hook and a loop. Works real nice. And of courses it helpes. Get a nice smoke stain on the inside too. Don't care, it didn't cost me $150...View attachment 1022View attachment 1019View attachment 1020View attachment 1021
I've had the welding blanket on my old smoker for years, now on the Traeger. Great idea about the magnets, thanks. I going to get some!

Back