2.01.03 Update THE ONLY THING GOOD IN 2020

So get this. I have an IW650. But after receiving the update and noticing it no longer turns on/off except from the app, I discovered by going into settings on the grill under About that my grill now displays it's a Pro 575. Clearly there are demons amongst us. ? I'm pretty sure it that wasn't there before the update. I'm interested to hear if anyone else that has an IW650 is now seeing a Pro 575 under their grill settings on the actual grill.

So get this. I have an IW650. But after receiving the update and noticing it no longer turns on/off except from the app, I discovered by going into settings on the grill under About that my grill now displays it's a Pro 575. Clearly there are demons amongst us. ? I'm pretty sure it that wasn't there before the update. I'm interested to hear if anyone else that has an IW650 is now seeing a Pro 575 under their grill settings on the actual grill.

Someone just posted a similar comment on FB - was that you?

EDIT: Not you, they have an Ironwood 885 ... here is the post on FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/TraegerGrillOwners/permalink/10158796051228343/

I have a Pro 575 and the update did nothing. Traeger has escalated my issue with their technology team. SMH.

Update.... A quick call to Traeger and they're sending me a new electric control panel since the update somehow deactivated my standby button and changed my IW650 to a Pro 575. Call took all of 5 mins. Should receive controller in a few days. Great customer service.

I don’t see that this has been answered yet, what exactly did these updates do?
I have a Pro 575 and was already on .015 so I already had the ability for 500°
So going to 2.01.03 and .016 what should I see different on the grill or app? Or were these just some “behind the scenes” changes?

I don’t see that this has been answered yet, what exactly did these updates do?
I have a Pro 575 and was already on .015 so I already had the ability for 500°
So going to 2.01.03 and .016 what should I see different on the grill or app? Or were these just some “behind the scenes” changes?

These are the only release notes that Traeger posted:

- Improved connectivity during runtime and pairing

Yep - same here. I wonder if the "T" prefix is specific to "Timberline". Curious to see if 850 owners get a "T" prefix on theirs.
I have the Timberline 850 and am still sitting on 2.00.01 and have never had a update pushed out (on second controller)..Now connection issues are starting to crop up..

I’m currently at SW VER: 02.01.03 with CONFIG VER: 03.010. My grill was powered off last night. I just turned it back on so I guess I’ll sit tight and wait for the config update.

I just got a new controller for my timberline but it only updated the firmware to 2.00.01. Is there any way to force the next upgrades?
No, there isn't a way to force it. I'm in the same situation. I have an issue with the replacement controller, WiFi signal drops from normal -24db strong signal to weak -70db shortly after powering up. I've called support twice and been told my SW was "old" 02.00.01 and that they were escalating to level 4 support, wait 48hours. It's been two weeks. Time for another call.

I took an update (not sure which one) that completely bricked my controller on my Ironwood 885 on July 31st. The controller wouldn't even turn back on, the halo light wouldn't light up or anything. I called that day and they said they "sent out a bad firmware upgrade" and were sending me a new one, but not to connect it to wifi until I received an email saying it was safe to do so. Needless to say I've received nothing, no new controller, no emails. 26 days without my grill now...in the middle of the summer. All they tell me every time I call is..."sorry, they're still on back order". Beyond irate and disappointed.

Clearly with Covid, more people must be cooking, they must be overwhelmed in support. Couple this with what seems like poor trouble shooting skills of many of the agents they have, resulting in lots of un-needed parts being sent out. The term we used to use was "shot gunning", sending out a bunch of parts until the problem is fixed, instead of the right part once.

Since they are now manufacturing in China, it appears that their supply pipeline is a mess as their web site shows almost everything on backorder.

So, a bumper year in sales with a resulting crash in support. Hopefully it will get better, sooner than later!

Yeah, it's beyond ridiculous in my opinion. Paid $1300 for a grill that I've now had to replace the controller on for the 2nd time since I got it in June 2019...and now can't even get the parts to fix it. The last "Technical Support" member I spoke with literally told me he just got back from vacation and wasn't sure exactly what all was going on...but that he could see it was still on back order. I get that he can't just poop one out...but there just seems to be zero organization or desire in the company. Just super frustrating.

Well Ill be darn. I am now on Firmware: 02.01.03 & Config 04.016. They updated my config last night

Mine is still 04.015 but I'm in sleep mode(turned on but not displayed)... do I need to have the menu ON for 24 hrs???

Back