1st shot at jerky

Mr.Fabulous

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 34
Ordered a Bull Rack system a few weeks ago as a Merry Christmas to me present, and have not had the chance to use it. That changes tomorrow. Just put 5 pounds of sliced eye of round into the marinade

My jerky marinade
1 large bottle low sodium soy sauce
(Fill empty bottle with water & add in)
1 box light brown sugar (can be adjusted, but I like the balance the sweet brings to the party)
1 small bottle Frank’s Red Hot (can adjust to taste)
1 small jar minced roasted garlic
To Taste: cracked black pepper, smoked paprika (honestly anything else you like)

Mix up and transfer to gallon zip loc bag. Drop in thin sliced jerky meat. Marinate for at least overnite (I prefer a 24 hour soak)

Setting the T to 180, loading up the racks, and letting it go. Might put a tray of ice in there just to keep temps lower. Will post more pics tomorrow.

36087562-8EB0-4DD2-B256-712221554610.jpeg

Ordered a Bull Rack system a few weeks ago as a Merry Christmas to me present, and have not had the chance to use it. That changes tomorrow. Just put 5 pounds of sliced eye of round into the marinade

My jerky marinade
1 large bottle low sodium soy sauce
(Fill empty bottle with water & add in)
1 box light brown sugar (can be adjusted, but I like the balance the sweet brings to the party)
1 small bottle Frank’s Red Hot (can adjust to taste)
1 small jar minced roasted garlic
To Taste: cracked black pepper, smoked paprika (honestly anything else you like)

Mix up and transfer to gallon zip loc bag. Drop in thin sliced jerky meat. Marinate for at least overnite (I prefer a 24 hour soak)

Setting the T to 180, loading up the racks, and letting it go. Might put a tray of ice in there just to keep temps lower. Will post more pics tomorrow.

View attachment 954
Well done! I did a 5# batch on Christmas Eve as well. I did 1/2 Teriyaki and the other in dr pepper and jalapeno marinade. Marinaded both for 18 hours and turned out great. Took about 5 hours at 170.

Attachments

• 20191224_133240.jpg
    20191224_133240.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 144
The last time I tried jerky was in my Excalibur dehydrator (which I'm not knocking). I need to try this in the smoker! I hope you have great results.

FC7C0318-9DB1-4367-925F-86664F04F6CB.jpeg

That is a little less than half of it. Wish the pieces were thinner, but I’m just happy I didn’t have to cut & trim it.

Flavor is spot on. There is a coffee marinade called sweet java I want to try next

Back