Trailhead

CarJax

Reaction score
Grill
Trailhead
Just got a (Display Model) Traeger Trailhead from Costco the other day and just realized it did not have the manual.
I can't seem to find anything on the Trailhead model online anywhere. Is this model this new?

Looks to be a new grill for 2023
This is what I found online

The Scouts are discontinued and replaced with the Trailhead. The Trailhead has the same ARC controller as the Ranger now.

Maybe the ranger instructions for the controller would help until you can get in contact with Traeger support. Their support group should be able to get you what you need, maybe they have an electronic copy they could email you.

Thank you @RustyJake. The Scout was my first Traeger and it was not a pleasant experience with the temperature control all out of whack. I have so many friends and family that really stand by the Traeger brand. They all have the larger "Home" based units and I have the portable unit and really enjoy the unit, aside from the stressful temperature "Mood" swings that the Scout had.

I had pulled down the Ranger manual and will use that as a guide for now. Thank you.

Hi
I just got a Trailhead at Costco. Love it! It held the temp at 250 give or take a couple of degrees.
I bought the Scout in 2021 and struggled mightily with the temps.
Costco did a return for on the Scout, and I got the Trailhead. I primed it, smoked plate ribs and they were perfect!

Does the hopper open when you carry it, or does it stay closed with pellets during transport? Need to return my unused Scout, but don't know if I want the Ranger, or Trailhead (due to weight difference and hopper closure).

Please don't carry full of pellets. Too heavy and not the intended use.

Back